SITE MANAGER / ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN III (FFCOMS-19-0745-W):
Bowhead seeks a Site Manager (Electronic Technician III) to support our Navy Fire Fighter Contractor Operation and Maintenance Services (FF COMS) team supporting various Navy Fire Fighter devices. The Site Manager will oversee contract compliance, personnel, task orders, budget, and administrative tasks, among other duties. A successful Site Manager must be service-oriented and possess strong motivation to build a productive relationship with the customer. Global knowledge of how a Navy Fire Fighter operates under government contracts is extremely helpful.
* Manage personnel and priorities effectively.
* Work alongside, mentor and supervise technicians who will operate, maintain, and restore Fire Fighter equipment and systems to a serviceable condition.
* Implements customer and company policy affecting operational aspects of the contract, including the ability to initiate, implement, and change internal project procedures necessary to fulfill contract requirements.
* Accommodate fluctuating workload requirements by effectively managing labor and materials, to ensure successful performance within budget and timeline.
* Must be punctual and flexible regarding scheduled and non-scheduled service requirements and is responsible for ensuring response to all emergency or priority requests are initiated within established timelines.
Requirements This dynamic individual must be responsive, reliable, detail-oriented, possess good judgment and excellent problem solving skills. Requirements for consideration include:
* A Bachelor's Degree is preferred but a High School Diploma or GED is required (at a minimum).
* Requires a minimum of eight (8) years of technical experience or field experience with support, operation and maintenance of FF COMS Training Systems or training devices of similar comparable complexity.
* Five or more (5+) years' supervisory experiences is required.
* Computer/PC knowledge required including; knowledge of MS Office Suite.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts including vendors, subcontractors and clients.
* Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders is required.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Clearance at the Public Trust Level. May be subject to a Secret clearance investigation. US Citizenship is a requirement for this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY:
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply Online Send This Job to a Friend
© Ultimate Software