OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Site Analyst is a key member of the Communications Ground Segment (CGS) Satellite Network Portal (SNP) implementation and operations team. The Site Analyst is responsible for identifying and analyzing potential global earth stations to support OneWeb's Global Satellite coverage, for ensuring that global coverage of the satellite constellation is optimized, and for ensuring that all key system requirements are met. Additionally, the Site Analyst is responsible for the following: creating software tools to automate and support the site design process; supporting compliance and global earth station licensing activities; developing preliminary antenna field layouts; reviewing design documents developed by the gateway host vendors and ensuring that they comply with site requirements; working with the site acquisition team to review proposals and confirm they will support coverage requirements; performing site infrastructure and horizon surveys; and witnessing the testing of as-built gateway sites to ensure that they meet requirements.
* Utilize MATLAB and STK to model and analyze the Satellite Ground System
* Support Site acquisition process by identifying and analyzing the viability of potential global earth stations
* Calculate the number of antennas needed at an earth station to meet coverage requirements
* Produce analysis reports and technical memos to document results
* Develop tools to support the Site Design process
* Review site design proposals and provide technical feedback
Required skills and experience:
* B.S. degree in engineering (software, electrical, aerospace, mechanical) from an ABET accredited engineering program
* A minimum of 3 years' experience in the telecommunications industry
* Programming experience in Java and Python
* Experience in developing analysis and visualization tools
* Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving using software tools such as MATLAB
* Experience modeling and analyzing satellite networks with STK is a plus
* Experience with Communications system analysis
* Experience with requirements implementation and verification
* Experience in Windows environment and software applications including Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong ethics, integrity, commitment to self-development, and desire to work in a deadline-driven team environment
* Ability to handle material in compliance with export control regulations
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
OneWeb is a manufacturer of a satellites constellation intended to provide global broadband access.