Imagine new horizons...
Dassault Systemes - a global innovator of simulation driven engineering solutions - is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Software Engineer to help develop cutting-edge geometry preparation tools for its simulation and design optimization software products that are used worldwide in industries such as ground transportation, aerospace, motorsports and numerous other fluid flow applications.
You enjoy a challenge?
Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world. Let's open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
What will your role be?
Our team is responsible for developing PowerDELTA - a desktop application to prepare simulation ready geometric models using various CAD and mesh operations to create, translate, convert, edit, manipulate and morph geometry. The potential candidate for this position must have a strong background in developing geometry preparation software including understanding of the geometry and topology representation and their evolution through various geometric operations within a geometry kernel. Previous knowledge of geometry kernel packages like ACIS and Parasolid and their usage in a commercial environment would be considered a big positive for this position. In addition, the candidate must also be well versed with the overall architecture for developing state of the art geometry software, be able to utilize available functionality from licensed third party libraries including geometry kernel, graphics engines and front end packages, smoothly integrate third party software resolving build and other packaging issues and pursue resolution for third party defects.
The challenges ahead
* Act as a key member of the software development team contributing to the development of a new, exciting and comprehensive geometry creation, manipulation and management software that will revolutionize the overall engineering design process.
* Utilize your software architecture skills to help in developing robust software with high performance, quality, reliability and smooth interaction between various software components.
* Take initiative in conceptualizing and developing product specification, designing, developing and testing software, and be a project lead to efficiently manage the project and other project participants for its successful delivery within stipulated timeframe.
* Collaborate effectively with all the highly motivated and talented product contributors, including the members of the software development team, product management team, quality assurance team and the field engineers.
Our software development group is creating highly innovative new products with an established eager customer base. Our work environment is informal, collaborative and supportive of individual growth in talent, leadership and autonomy. We look for well-rounded engineers and professionals who are equally capable at all points along the development process including requirement analysis and design, software evaluation, documentation, testing, bug fixing and fire fighting.
Your Key Success Factors?
* MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline.
* 2 - 5 years' experience designing and developing commercial software for computational geometry, 3D modeling, visualization, and finite element preprocessing and/or analysis packages.
* Excellent C and C++ programming skills.
* A strong background in designing and developing complex commercial software systems, including knowledge in OOD and component based design concepts.
* Understanding of software build processes including smooth integration with third party software packages.
* Experience with and appreciation for operating within a professional software development process with the appropriate checks and balances.
* Solid verbal and written communication skills
Additional Skills & Experiences:
* Expertise in computer graphics and Graphical User Interface (GUI) Design.
* Experience with GUI and Graphics packages like Qt and HOOPS.
* Mesh generation techniques/toolkits.
* Experience with developing scripting interfaces preferably using Python.
* Experience with geometry/CAD translation, software development and usage.
* Geometry kernels (e.g. ACIS, Parasolid, CGAL) and commercial MCAD software (e.g. CATIA, ProE).
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks' vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
About Dassault Systemes
Dassault Systemes provides project lifecycle management solutions that enable businesses to create and share experiences in 3D.