Imagine new horizons...
Dassault Systèmes - a global innovator of simulation driven engineering solutions - is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help develop cutting-edge simulation and design optimization software products that are used worldwide in industries such as ground transportation, aerospace and motorsports.
You enjoy a challenge?
Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world. Let's open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
What will your role be?
As a member of the PowerINSIGHT Development Team, you will be developing an application that is revolutionizing the way engineers design products using multi-discipline simulations to solve engineering design challenges such as making cars run cooler and quieter than ever while increasing the range that cars can travel on a tank of gas or on a single charge. Using PowerINSIGHT, engineers are able to quickly assess the performance of design alternatives and easily share the results with other engineers within the Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE® Platform.
A bit about the work environment:
* You will be working at the beautiful Dassault Systèmes Waltham campus.
* We develop in small collaborative teams where you will learn from others every day.
* We implement our applications primarily in C++
The challenges ahead
* We are particularly interested in candidates who have a background developing interactive graphical programs for engineering or scientific applications
* Own the design and development of new features from beginning to end.
* Ensure that every new capability you deliver is reliable, easy to use, and performant.
* Use a variety of technologies to implement your designs ranging from databases to graphical user interfaces.
* Use contemporary software methodologies such as Agile Development to maximize your effectiveness.
Your Key Success Factors?
* A solid grounding in computer science.
* A MS in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience designing and developing complex commercial software systems.
* Ability to lead complex development projects
* Experience or a willingness to learn Agile Software Development
* Sound programming skills using C++ and Object Oriented Programming
* Experience designing and implementing graphical user interfaces using a high-level toolkit such as Qt or MFC. including designing for usability
* Intellectual curiosity - regardless of your background, you enjoy the opportunity to continually learn new technologies and problem domains
* Strong problem-solving skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment and a strong desire to learn
* Strong English written/verbal communication skills, good presentation skills and the ability to write technical specifications
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Able to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously
Valuable Additional Skills and Experience:
* Experience with current software development methodologies such as Design Patterns and UML.
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks' vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systemes is a company that provides project lifecycle management solutions that enable businesses to create and share experiences in 3D.