Date: Jun 16, 2019
Location: DFW Airport, TX, US, 75261
Company: FlightSafety International
Location: No Selection DFW Airport , Texas 75261 , United States (US)
Part-Time SIMULATOR TECHNICIAN
Maintain and /or repair flight training devices (FTDs) in accordance with Regulatory Authority requirements and company standards by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
FlightSafety Learning Centers provide training and support to Customer and Clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Learning Center technicians may be scheduled at varying times and days to support the Customer needs.
Tech I - Performs more varied and difficult aspects of the job; may need some guidance on job duties; applies learning to recommend options
* Perform standard Simulator support activities such as: installation, operation, inspection, periodic maintenance (align & adjust), of Simulator components and systems
* Perform Customer configuration changes to Simulators and FTDs, evaluate and confirm proper post change operation. This includes hardware, software, and avionics database change-outs
* Able to quickly identify, troubleshoot, repair or replace most of the Simulator and FTD electrical and sub system components and most hydraulic system components with little to no assistance.
* Exercise judgment and independence in determining solutions to maintenance and repair problems, and otherwise carry assignments through to completion, and referring only the most unusual and difficult problems to the Lead/Sr Lead Technician or the A/MFTD.
* Monitor Simulator(s) performance and condition to ensure that equipment continues in compliance with governmental regulations; this is accomplished by making sure that changes are not made to the training software or hardware that would affect the handling characteristics of the simulator, in either air or ground modes in accordance with FlightSafety International policy and standards; also through continuing observation of maintenance and pre-flight log(s), and by assisting with and/or conducting simulator performance evaluations, as necessary.
* Able to accomplish scheduled portions of the Qualification Test Guide (QTG), check and mark test results as required, and participate in recertification procedures for the FAA.
* Exhibit an understanding of the SAP system and the inventory management process.
* Must be familiar with all governing regulations required by the various approval authorities for the proper operation of all FTDs, the facility, and the safe employment of personnel.
* Initiate or assist users (DOTs, PMs, instructors, clients, etc.) in the use of ePodium when ceating a Simulator Discrepancy Report (SDR) , as well as how to access all of the documentation on ePodium previously available only in the Simulator Logbook.
* Must be knowledgeable of all Simulator Support, Quality Operating Procedures (QOPs and related documentation.
* Participate in inter-shift briefings, reviewing the shift log, and shift pass downs; reviewing Simulator Logs, and maintaining email communication.
* Make recommendations to the Lead/Sr. Lead Technician or the A/MFTD concerning needed parts, acquisitions, or other material used for FTD repair and support, or other Center projects.
* Adhere to required work schedule including prompt and regular attendance.
* Report on a timely basis, any safety hazards observed in work area, equipment, and/or building to the appropriate person(s) for correction.
* Supports published Quality Management Systems (QMS) and Business Processes.
* Support Learning Center Management System (SMS) by adhering to the processes related to accomplishing SMS goals.
* Support FlightSafety International's, and its subsidiaries' commitment to ethical behavior by basing our priorities on lawful and ethical conduct as we deal with co-workers, customers, vendors, and others in all of our operations. (See Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002)
* Occasionally travel for training purposes or to assist other Centers, as needed.
* Exhibit and practice professional and courteous behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: (Minimum Requirements)
* Tech I - Associate's degree in electronics from a college or completion of a civilian/military electronics technical school preferred, plus two (2) years' experience, including: Electronics technology, avionics or related civilian/military technology; or
* Equivalent direct experience with simulators or other FTDs
* Must be able to:
* Read and interpret technical drawings
* Use test equipment, support equipment and tools used on flight simulators, graphical flight simulators (GFSs) and associated electronics devices
* Demonstrate a good understanding of the advanced operating principles of simulator and FTD subsystems.
* Education can be substituted by a combination of three (3) years education and experience in a related field.
SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
General knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required. Familiarity with Microsoft Access preferred. Knowledge of other software programs may be required, as needed.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
PC literate and Basic Office equipment
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; Able to read and interpret documents: Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Must be customer oriented with mature interpersonal skills projecting a friendly, cooperative manner accompanied by good grooming habits and adherence to FlightSafey International specified dress code standards.
Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Driver's License, where applicable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met and/or encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
About Flightsafety International
FlightSafety International delivers professional world-class training to operators of business, regional and commercial aircraft.