At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
About the Role
As a Simulation Scenario Analyst, you will be part of a team responsible for testing the software that simulates and tests the behavior of our vehicle at high scale.
You will work with the Autonomy and Simulation (SIM) teams to develop test scenarios based on the current and projected operational domains to quantify the performance of the autonomous vehicle software. You will work with the simulation team to develop scenarios that demonstrate, prove or push the limits of the simulation system. You'll develop example scenarios to be used as documentation of the simulation tools and be a support resource for other tool users.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do:
* Develop scenarios for testing simulation capabilities
* Develop scenarios for simulating self driving vehicle behavior
* Become expert in using Simulation tools so as to:
* Make and maintain example scenarios for other groups to use
* Train others on the use of the tools
* Provide feedback to the Simulation team
* Collaborate with simulation engineers, autonomy engineers and product managers to understand autonomy & simulation capabilities and come up with simulation scenarios to validate and demonstrate what our simulation can do.
* Synthesize feedback from customers into actionable feedback and bug reports.
* Participate in software discussions and stay on top of all new features
* Constantly study and review product and technical designs
* Identify and document issues and bugs with clear descriptions with reproducible steps
What You'll Need:
* Experience as a game level designer, content designer, systems engineer, or simulation scenario designer.
* Excellent knowledge of software development processes, testing processes, and QA Tools
* Extensive experience with office software & IT
* Experience working with Unix/Linux systems and a familiarity working on the command line
* Clear and succinct written communications that accurately describe problem statements
* Attention to detail and ability to apply technical terminology precisely
Bonus points for:
* Unreal Editor Experience
* CS Degree
* Programming skill and experience
* Basic knowledge of vehicle motion models (braking distance, acceleration profiles, etc)
About the Team:
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Our Simulation Team's job is to make sure that our vehicles are the safest they can possibly be and that all autonomy software is tested extensively before it goes to the track or on the road.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.