Raytheon has the need for a Team Leader to support a SIGINT collection team. Team Leaders manage a highly qualified small team and focus on implementing policy and strategy to ensure operational continuity. Members of their team conduct technical SIGINT collection in support of customer operations. Team Leaders must be knowledgeable in SIGINT collection systems, SIGINT theory, and technical troubleshooting. As the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the team, the Team Leaders will direct, lead, and review the work performed by their team members, and generally perform the function of a mentor. As the lead of a highly qualified team the right candidate will be supporting operations that have the highest impact to National Security. No technical training will be provided, candidates are expected to be subject matter experts in their field. The right candidate will also be responsible for conducting on the job training for new hires and junior staff, troubleshoot equipment and interface directly with customer management to ensure seamless support.
This work is in the Washington Metropolitan Area and involves shift work.
* Minimum of TS SCI with polygraph
* Knowledgeable in Ground or Air SIGINT collection operations
* Strong knowledge of SIGINT collection equipment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* At least 2 years of applicable Operations experience
* At least 1 year of experience as a SIGINT trainer
* At least 1 year of Leadership experience
* Ability to articulate an intermediate to advanced understanding of 2G and 3G cellular technologies
* Ability to articulate Radio Wave Propagation Theory
* Ability to learn new technical skills
* Familiarity with the Electromagnetic Spectrum
* Demonstrated ability to lead a small team
* Experience working in an Operations Center
* Signals Collection background (450, 451, 452 Course)
* NGW Certified for APG
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree and eight years of directly applicable experience.
* Or sixteen years of applicable experience required in lieu of a degree
Candidate must be a US Citizen, have a current TS/SCI with Poly and be eligible for crossover
138053BR 138053 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly
Type Of Job
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.