SIEM Lead Engineer
Req #: 190049826
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you're equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You'll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You'll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You'll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
* Architect, Engineer, implement, and/or administer SIEM solutions in a highly available, redundant, distributed computing environment
* Perform Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration and troubleshooting across a variety of platforms
* Deploy new Splunk instances, including clustered deployments
* Integrate data feeds (logs) into Splunk
* Perform Content Development to properly identify data feeding SIEM's and correlation of events
* Assist in the proper operation and performance of Splunk, Indexers, Search Heads and Forwarders
* Monitor Splunk internal logs to identify and resolve potential performance issues
* Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk platform
* Tune the Splunk infrastructure and lead capacity planning and continuity of operations tasks
* Reproduce customer issues, file bug reports and escalate cases to Splunk support as necessary
* Create technical documentation including SOP's and design documents related to system configurations, process, procedure, and knowledgebase articles.
* Write and develop custom scripts, programs as needed
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of IT experience in a technical position as an engineer, architect or system administrator within a large scale mission critical enterprise environment
* 2+ years of direct hands-on experience installing, configuring and administering SIEM tools
* Proficiency with Linux platforms
* Knowledge and experience working with Splunk
* Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages - Java, .NET, Python, Perl, Bash, C++, Ruby, PowerShell and/or Shell
* Familiarity with DAS (SAS, SSD, NVMe), SAN (FC, NFS), and object storage
* Understanding of the function, operations and management of network infrastructure components (switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, etc.)
* Ideal candidate will have a strong background working with Enterprise Management software with a large focus on Operations and Automation.
* Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
* Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
* Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
* Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
* Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
* Certified Splunk Administrator, Architect and/or Architect II
CTC (Cybersecurity & Technology Controls)
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
We are looking for multi-disciplined forward-looking technologists like you with diverse backgrounds and experiences including in areas such as cybersecurity, big data, machine learning risk management and controls, compliance and oversight, cloud security.
Tech at JPMC
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.