Fivesky is looking for a highly motivated and talented SIEM Architect to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment. The ideal candidate must have in-depth experience assessing, designing and implementing enterprise scale Splunk solutions.
As the SIEM Architect, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to, the following:
* Act as the Splunk SME providing input into strategies, capabilities, and integrations to improve the availability and performance of applications.
* Provide architecture-level design to support and operate Splunk using security information and event management (SIEM) or security event management (SEM) best practices and Splunk enterprise security.
* Design Splunk systems to meet growth while maintaining a balance between performance, stability, and agility.
* Provide production and infrastructure support, root cause analysis, troubleshooting, health monitoring, etc.
Support the development and build of Splunk dashboards, reports, alerts, etc.
* Drive the operational implementation of monitoring capabilities, dashboards, and improvements.
* Identify and improve performance.
* Utilize tools and analytical skills to plan and execute technical changes.
* 5+ years of experience in IT security.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
* Experience as a Splunk administrator.
Skills and Experience:
* Knowledge of two of the following programming languages: Perl, Python, SQL, Shell.
* Knowledge of Splunk architecture and its components and experience working with Splunk Enterprise Security.
* Strong Linux administration experience.
* Knowledge of ETL processes and SIEM technologies, like ArcSight, QRadar, Splunk.
* Experience creating complex queries and search optimization.
* Knowledge of parsing methods and Regex.
* Security certifications: SANS, CISSP, etc.
* Knowledge of Universal and Heavy forwarder.
* Background of creating and managing app and its components.
* Strong technical documentation and communications skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences.
* Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities.
* Self-driven and flexible with high motivation.
* Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects.
* Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress.
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time opportunity in NYC. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.