As an SI Solutions Architect, your mission is to work with Databricks Integrators to assist with evaluation and integration of partner products with Databricks. In this role, you will work closely with the business development and product teams, own the integration opportunity from a technical perspective, engage continually with partners and drive the partnership to closure. In doing this, the you will build a trusted advisor relationship with key partners executives, evaluation team members and decision makers.
* Collaborate with Business Development to develop partner and account plans
* Engage with developers to train them and evangelize Spark and Databricks platform
* Meet with customers and partners to suggest solutions that they can build with the technology
* See customers and partners through implementing and designing test & production systems
* Achieve and maintain status as an Apache Spark expert and exhibit excellence in interacting with Spark and Databricks users;
* Provide technical leadership in a pre-sales and post-sales capacity for customers and partners to support successful understanding, evaluation and adoption of the Databricks platform.
* Support includes assistance to customers and partners as they build their application on top of the Databricks products and services
* Providing answers ranging from basic technical questions to complex architectural scenarios which requires broad expertise and knowledge of Databricks products and Apache Spark
* Design and architect distributed data systems
* Consult on architecture and design, bootstrap, and/or guide strategic customer and partner projects
* Build references architectures, how-tos, and demo applications for customers and partners
* Provide escalated level of support for critical customer and partners operational issues
* Architect, implement, and/or validate integrations with 3rd party applications
* Hands on experience with Apache Spark
* Hands on experience with Cloud IAAS platforms
* Technical Account Management (TAM) experience. Ability to network with senior level technical executives.
* Define Architectures and Solution Proposals translating partner requirements into deliverable solutions
* Good awareness of Big Data Ecosystem
* Ability to write code in Python, Scala or R
* Experience extending applications with capabilities based on new technologies
* Be an excellent communicator, able to develop and articulate technological and business solutions in a straightforward way to both decision makers and technical personnel alike.
* Be an experienced pre sales professional with a proven track record of success.
* Be a self-starter who is proactive in working with the business to generate new pipeline and with existing opportunities to the benefit of Databricks and the customer.
* Have a BSc. or higher degree.
* Have an understanding of key business drivers and Advanced Analytics landscape
* An understanding of one or more industry sectors a plus
* Be proficient in translating business needs into compelling technology solutions
* Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English.
* Medical, dental, vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Catered lunch (every day), snacks, and drinks
* Gym reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus program
* Awesome coworkers
* Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.