Arthur J Gallagher
Arthur J. Gallagher, Inc., one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. AJG also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients around the world. If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader then you have come to the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest resource --- our people.
The Middleware Architect will be responsible for administering and maintaining specified multi-tier applications and services to include installation, configuration, monitoring, planning, deploying, troubleshooting, and issue resolution. This role will provide strategy to the development team and architect middleware projects. They will be the subject matter expert (SME) for multiple applications/environments and will provide guidance and recommendations regarding those application/environments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, construct and support middleware infrastructures that meet the requirements for organizational IT initiatives
* Troubleshoot and resolution of complex problems within the infrastructure
* Work on designing/implementing/automation procedures for deployment, configuration, patching and upgrading of systems and applications
* Conduct analysis of production systems and performance testing results to identify areas of improvement within the application or infrastructure
* Conduct feasibility studies for existing and emerging middleware technologies
* Provide mentoring and guidance for mid and junior level staff, offering feedback targeted at individual development
* Work closely with vendors, internal groups and outside agencies to provide technical leadership and solutions
* Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
* Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
* Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
* Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
* Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering and related fields
* Minimum of 5+ years systems administration experience
* Demonstrated ability to understand and create infrastructure diagrams
* Extensive knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and higher.
* Thorough understanding and experience with PowerShell scripting for administration tasks.
* Experience administering cloud technologies such as Azure and Amazon AWS
* Thorough understanding of networking connectivity and load balancing
* Experience or familiarity with IIS, HTML, Java and Web Logic
* Knowledge of Web Services and Services Oriented Architecture is desirable.
* DevOps experience or familiarity with application deployments through change management and the CI/CD process
* Strong experience on failover, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuance.
* Good knowledge and demonstrated troubleshooting abilities on connectivity issues due to firewall, load balancer, proxy, and others.
* Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
* Excellent customer service skills and service orientation
* Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences in written and non-written formats
* Ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Self-motivated, able to work and solve problems independently, and takes initiative.
* Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
* Excellent written and verbal communication
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
* Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
About Arthur J Gallagher
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.