For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
5-180918-7830: SharePoint Developer
LocationU.S. - Virginia - Arlington Open Date6/5/2019 JOB DESCRIPTION
STG, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SOS International LLC (SOSi), is seeking a SharePoint Developer to support the Department of Homeland Security in Arlington, VA. The selected applicant will become part of the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), responsible for analyzing and reducing cyber threats and vulnerabilities, disseminating cyber threat warning information, and coordinating incident response activities.
The Software/Application developer will provide SharePoint site development and maintenance to ensure that the COI environments are utilized in an engaging and dynamic manner; provide the government monthly report and ad hoc summaries concerning SharePoint site development and maintenance issues as well as plan, lead, and execute SharePoint 2010 and Web development tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Plan, lead, and execute SharePoint 2010 and Web development tasks.
* Gather user requirements, analyze business processes, and work with functional areas to define and scope SharePoint projects, document requirements, and applications functionality.
* Provide day-to-day operations support and configuration management, serve as the POC for differentiating functional issues from technical issues, and resolve technical issues.
* Provide guidance in pursuing innovative solutions to achieve client goals and objectives.
* Review and help to assess, for Government review, the effectiveness of communication initiatives to varied audiences and performing quality assurance reviews on written products to ensure conformance with internal policies and procedures as well as organizational guidance and direction.
* Solicit input from users for upgrades and additional functionality of the tools offered through the communities of interest (COI) and research the availability of new tools internally and externally to assist developers in enhancing and improving the current tool set to better meet the needs of the users.
* Security Clearance: Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
* Education: Bachelors Degree in a related field.
* Certifications: Security+ or other industry standard certifications
* This position may be filled at multiple grades based on experience: Minimum of 5 years related technical experience for a level 3 role, minimum of 9 years related technical experience for a level 4 role, or minimum of 15 years related technical experience for a level 5 role.
* Experience with interfacing SharePoint to Microsoft Office 2007 products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, or Visio
* Experience with supporting the DoD and/or DHS, including knowledge management or working as part of an information management organization
* Experience with problem solving, business process analysis, and redesign
* Ability to leverage expertise in time management to complete assignments independently and effectively
* Current active DHS SCI and EOD
* Cyber security/IT security professional writing experience desired
* Department of Homeland Security experience desired