Date: Jun 17, 2019
Location: Moonachie, NJ, US, 07074
Company: FlightSafety International
The position plays a vital role configuring collaboration products within the Microsoft SharePoint platform. As part of a highly collaborative team, the role will interact with many technical and business resources across the enterprise. The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, self-motivated technologist with an interest in satisfying business needs and who is interested in practicing his or her skills and learning new ones.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Determine business requirements through elicitation with business subject matter experts
* Write technical requirements for both configuration and development needs
* Configure and maintain solutions to deliver custom functionality in existing platforms
* Business and technical configuration on new products (including add-ons) on collaboration platforms
* Refactor solutions that can be addressed by configuration to reduce complexity, and simplify maintenance
* Collaborate with collaboration engineering as needed
* Work closely with different areas of the business
* Support QA and UAT testing
* Support end user training, including user guide creation as needed
* Troubleshoot and fix problems and provide root cause analysis in a timely manner
* Provide support, if required, after hours and weekend work
* Complete other tasks as required
Experience, Education and Skills
* 3+ years in Microsoft SharePoint software configuration and/or administration role
* 3+ years working with Microsoft technology and Microsoft Azure Cloud
* Microsoft SharePoint custom plug-in configuration knowledge
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry experience
* Knowledge of SharePoint development and migration: 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, SharePoint Designer etc. a big plus
* Proficiency with SharePoint concepts: custom workflows, web parts, add-ins, provider hosted vs SharePoint hosted, managed metadata, remote event receivers, etc.
* SDLC and agile methodologies: TFS, Git, SCRUM etc.
* System and networking fundamentals
* Excellent communication skills
* Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
* Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
* Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
* Prioritize and manage work load and communicate issues clearly
* Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
* Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies
* Travel when required
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
About FlightSafety International
FlightSafety International delivers professional world-class training to operators of business, regional and commercial aircraft.