Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 200,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our engineering team. That's where you come in.
Engineering at Pantheon operates in small mission-focused teams that are tasked with large business problems and armed with a fully capable set of engineering skills. They dig in, understand the problem and find the optimal path to success. You'll have the opportunity to contribute at all levels of the stack -- and we mean the kernel tweaking to feature design kind of full-stack.
We've got depth and breadth across the technologies we use to run the Pantheon platform at scale. You'll have many opportunities to pick up and apply new skills and gain professional experience with some of our existing use of Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, React, Node.js, Python, Golang, C, Chef, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, and more.
You are an experienced Backend Engineer that is open to work remotely or onsite at our San Francisco or Minneapolis office (on US hours.) Your expertise will help us continue to innovate and manage complexity as we grow in size, feature depth and across data centers.
Pantheon's core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Stuff You'll Do
* Develop a new authorization strategy that will support our service architecture
* Implement a backend for frontend to aggregate APIs across the backend
* Help stabilize a standard service pattern that will enable us to grow our business and our team
* Close collaboration with the wider engineering team to both deliver platform improvements and provide subject-matter-expertise for other technology initiatives
* Continuous improvements to our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication
What You Bring to the Table
* Knowledge of large-scale platforms and the design of scalable, robust services in the real world
* An affinity for service-oriented architecture with complex APIs and data models (Relational database experience - as MySQL / CloudSQL)
Bonus Points for
* Strong experience in Python ( experience with the Twisted framework )
* Experience developing software services spanning multiple data centers
* Exposure to frameworks such as Django
* Experience developing software services hosted in the cloud and distributed cloud systems (Google Cloud / AWS)
* Experience with using (or choosing not to use!) Kubernetes, and CloudSQL
* Experience working on complex refactoring projects
* Experience implementing GraphQL
What We Offer
* Fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team
* Unlimited vacation
* Dog-friendly office (HQ)
* Maternity and paternity leave
* Monthly gym and book allowance
* Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
* Fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches (HQ, NY, MN)
* Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)
* Pantheon recently closed its Series D funding ($40m) <link>
* Pantheon is one of America's Best Workplaces of 2018 <link>
* Pantheon earns Top 10 Ranking in "Best Software Awards" by G2 Crowd <link>
* Pantheon actively sponsors programs like the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19) <link>
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Pantheon is a website management platform for Drupal & WordPress sites.