What you'll be doing...
The ServiceNow Solutions Architect will apply their extensive knowledge of ServiceNow to provide overall architectural design and technical strategy for the Verizon ServiceNow implementation. This individual will work collaboratively with development teams, product managers, and the platform architect to ensure that the solution architecture is suitable, stable, secure, fit for purpose and follows the overall roadmap for the platform. This candidate possesses the skills and essential knowledge necessary to design, build, and configure applications and services, and lead others in doing so. Working across the platform, this role delivers new functionality and innovative solutions, and is a leader in the development life cycle. This position reports to the Senior Manager, ServiceNow Application Development.
* Provide technical leadership for planning, designing, configuring, testing, implementing, documenting, and maintaining the solutions for the products implemented on the ServiceNow platform to meet business needs and corporate objectives.
* Provide subject matter expertise for ServiceNow and ITIL, recommending and designing solutions to be implemented on the ServiceNow platform, including instantiation of new modules as well as helping improve and streamline existing capabilities and applications.
* Complete detailed documentation for architectural design of solutions to complement and complete business requirements.
* Advise where out of the box functionality can achieve a desired outcome instead of resorting to customization as part of the demand management process.
* Partner with product management to transform business needs from the customer to tangible items within ServiceNow using platform modules or creating new scoped applications.
* Provide high-level estimations and guidance for breakdown of work into features, epics, and stories, including identifying the need for technical spikes.
* Work with the Product Management team to create working demos and prototypes as necessary, prior to full deployment within the ServiceNow environment.
* Provide feedback to product management and development teams with regards alternative options and approaches that may not have been considered.
* Identify upcoming platform release opportunities and stay current with the relevant areas of now and next versions of ServiceNow, making technical recommendations to product management for the Verizon ServiceNow roadmap.
* Partner with ServiceNow to identify solutions, raise issues, and provide input into the ServiceNow product roadmaps.
* Participate in ServiceNow Product Advisory Councils (PAC) as neccessary.
* Establish documentation, testing, and coding standards for developers to adhere to.
* Partner with the platform architect to identify opportunities to improve and streamline the overall platform.
* Design access controls to ensure an appropriate least privilege approach to solution design.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Ten or more years of experience as a developer.
* Six or more years of hands-on experience developing large global enterprise ServiceNow instance which includes releases on London or later.
* ServiceNow Certified Developer.
* Experience in configuration and customization of the following modules: Service Request Management, Service Portal, Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge Management, Performance Analytics and reporting, Asset management, integrations, and custom applications.
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
* Solved complex business problems by engineering existing, and new algorithms.
* ITILv3 Foundations or Practitioner+ certification.
* Demonstrated excellent communication skills with non-technical staff.
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
* Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.