What you'll be doing...
As a ServiceNow Administrator, you will be responsible for advanced administration capabilities and will design, build, and customize ServiceNow applications and services as needed. As a key point of contact for operational support issues and environment management, you will collect, consolidate and analyze metrics to facilitate decisions related to service improvements, install new modules, activate plug-ins, and facilitate releases and version upgrades. In this role you will engage your keen troubleshooting capabilities in workflows, business rules, UI components, web services, tables, menus, Client Scripts, UI Scripts, ACLs, UI Pages and Scripted REST APIs. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Platform Engineering and Maintenance.
* Demonstrates sound working knowledge of ServiceNow's core architecture and primary application modules such as Service Catalog, Event, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Asset and CMDB, Discovery, Knowledge, and Self-Service Portal.
* Ensures appropriate SDLC process is adhered to when promoting updates through development/test/production environments.
* Creates supporting system documentation.
* Fulfills all requests for platform assistance including end-user trouble inquiries, regular administration and maintenance, enhancements, and defect fixes.
* Supports custom reports and dashboards as well as generating KPIs and supporting metrics.
* Articulates functional and technical requirements related to advanced development work for enhancements related to platform management.
* Manages MID servers, web services,proxy servers and integrations with ServiceNow platform.
* Works effectively with our vendors to ensure contractual obligations related to service are met and participates in monthly operations reviews.
* Actively manages user licensing and harvesting.
* Effectively communicates with all levels of management.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* ServiceNow Administration certification.
* Two or more years of experience with ServiceNow Platform Development.
* Experience administering SaaS applications.
* Experience configuring and maintaining a workflow management system.
* Experience with interfacing technologies such as REST and SOAP services.
* ITILv3 Foundations certification.
* Demonstrated excellent communication skills with non-technical staff.
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
* ServiceNow Certified Developer.
* ITILv3 Practitioner.
* Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.