The primary role of the Service Support Analyst is to ensure maximum productivity and minimum downtime to internal customers by providing the highest level of support for issues related to I.S. equipment and processes (including PCs, printers, remote access, wireless devices, servers, etc.) in warehouses, regional and Corporate offices in the US and Canada. To accomplish this goal, the Service Support Analyst is required to evaluate and address support problems reported by customers, team members and vendors. This position is also responsible for mentoring and assisting others in the various support roles within the department, division and company.
* Pay based on experience.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Ensures a high level of responsiveness by evaluating and appropriately responding to large volumes of technology service requests from customers and team members
* Creates and maintains process documentation and contributes to the development of departmental standards
* Researches and provides recommendations on software or hardware required by customers
* Designs and recommends changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the service request process
* Tracks and informs customers of the status of their requests throughout the process and promptly resolve issues
* Develops and maintains partnerships with IS Service Desk and other IS teams to ensure quality service and support
* Meets or exceeds performance metrics related to productivity and quality
* Creates documentation for the other support teams in order for them to resolve issues
* Identifies and aids in training efforts related to the support and maintenance of IT related equipment
* Adheres to security management practices, as well as promotes established security standards
* Understands and adheres to the Costco Wholesale Mission Statement and Code of Ethics
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Troubleshooting experience with client hardware including desktop PCs, laptops, wyse clients, printers, smartphones (Android and iPhone) and other related peripherals
* Completion or willingness to obtain required or relevant technical certifications
* Full working knowledge of multiple business related document processing software
* Excellent customer service skills and superior telephone etiquette
* Strong communication skills and able to work effectively with all levels of the business and IS
* Demonstrated strong organizational qualities in support of meeting tight deadlines
* Ability to coordinate, prioritize and communicate project status to required parties
* Must be a team player - and work cooperatively with others, sharing ideas, collaborating and putting team goals first
* Occasionally be able to lift and move equipment up to 50 lbs. in weight
* Responsible, conscientious, and possess a passion for excellence
* Detail oriented and possess strong problem solving skills, with the ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems
* Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency
* Provide on-call support coverage to a 24/7 environment with ability to occasionally work evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet the business needs
* Self-motivated and able to work independently, with little supervision
* Must possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to remain calm under stress and time pressures
* Experience providing the highest level of customer service in a large distributed IT environment
* Proven documentation skills and experience conducting technical training classes for others
* Familiarity with Costco's core business environment related to Merchandising, Warehouse Operations, and company philosophies
* Associates degree or equivalent certification(s) in computer-related field(s)
* Experience in the Costco Majors department or some other PC support or sales-related area
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
About Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.