For this role, candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
Are you someone with passion for technology, engineering excellence and quality? Are you looking for work on world class cloud services with a team of highly talented engineers? Are you someone who wants to move the business dial on a daily basis? If so, the SQL Azure Database team is the right place for you.
Azure's SQL Database service is an industry-leading, intelligent, fully managed relational cloud database service that spans 36 regions across the world. The scale of the challenge is enormous; we have millions of databases serving billions of requests, over petabytes of storage, across most of the world.
Customers of Azure's SQL service include many household names, ranging from manufacturers (such as 3M and Toshiba), to geographical authorities (such as the municipality of Catania, Italy), educational institutions (such as Kansas State University) stores (such as ASOS), and many other Microsoft products, like Dynamics and Sharepoint.
If you feel strongly that people should be able to get fast and reliable access to their data, if you want to be part of one of the few planet-spanning distributed data services in the world, if you enjoy being customer focused and get a kick out of doing things customers directly experience and benefit from, and if you enjoy problems of data analysis and thoughtful approaches to problem solving, join us.
* Minimum of 2 years of software development; automation experience in particular a plus
* Troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing, storage and distributed services layers
* Ability to analyze network and performance monitor traces, application performance problems, and windows application and crash-dump debugging
* Ability to conceptualize a distributed service, it's dependencies and the transactional flow when troubleshooting
* Practical experience running large scale online systems built on Azure or similar cloud providers
At least 2 years of experience designing and implementing solutions for platform and application layer telemetry and monitoring
* Experience coordinating resources across diverse teams to restore service and maintain SLA's, ITIL certification is preferred.
* Communication skills are a key component of this role with audiences that include customers, peers and at times executive leadership
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
* Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.