Duties & Responsibilities
Do you have what it takes to provide post-sales technical support for a unique and groundbreaking product with huge development potential? Do you enjoy problem-solving and working with customers?
Bring your problem-solving skills and technical expertise to our Services team and make your impact by providing solutions towards case resolution. Be part of a growing team with a customer-first focus!
Universal Robots is leading the collaborative robot ("cobot") space, having captured 60% market share in less than ten years. We're not like the traditional robot companies, which is a good thing. We think differently, work differently and grow differently. Now we need a talented and motivated individual to be our Service Engineer who is based at our California office. Together you will be part of a global team helping our customers find resolution to their problems.
We are changing the ground rules in automation -- and it is being noticed!
Universal Robots is a great place to work with an exciting company culture, passionate employees and a supportive management team, all poised for continued growth. We recently celebrated our ten year anniversary and 25,000th robot sold. Our product is taking the industry by storm, receiving several industry awards. One of our robots even rang the closing bell on the NYSE last year!
Key Responsibilities of our future Service Engineer
* Support customers in diagnosis and repair of robots
* Provide remote technical support through multiple communication mediums with a focus on remote technical support.
* Provide technical support response within 4 hours of report of down robot situation
* Provide technical support to distributors, CSIs, and end-customers on-demand
* Escalate, and manage escalation if the solution can't be remedied over the phone with distribution and/or CSI Service personnel
* Prepare technical documentation (CRM Case Management and applicable warranty and/or field service documents.
* Manage cases through the service recovery process to conclusion
This is a great job for a person who accepts nothing less than personal greatness because you get to:
* Exhibit a proactive, active, and curious approach to tasks, which provides a holistic, business-oriented and long-term assignment.
* Seek opportunities to identify creative and innovative solutions to tasks, field trends, and system inefficiencies.
* Take responsibility for and deliver optimal and satisfactory solutions for internal and external customers on the based-on professionalism and specialist knowledge
* Participate well in internal and external relations and can act as an ambassador for Universal Robots
* Achieve Technical Support KPI's for case resolution and customer satisfaction.
* Work independently, as well as with a team
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
It's you we are looking for!
You are expected to come with a bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or Computer Science. Also, a minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in robotics, automation, or the IT Support industry. Previous troubleshooting experience is also a necessity. It would be great, but not required, if you possessed functional knowledge in a high-level programming language such as C++/Java/Python.
We are looking for a colleague that comes with the following skills and personality traits:
* Enjoys interaction with customers
* Able to analyze problems in a logical manner
* Is outgoing, service-minded and able to commit at different organizational levels and in different correlations.
* Is highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize projects and tasks
* Approachable and takes pride in providing a high standard of service and support to customers and partners
* A self-starter who is resourceful and initiates work without specific instruction
* Flexible and works professionally
* Able to cope with ambiguity and fast paced environments
* Able to travel <25%
Join Universal Robots
Universal Robots offers an exciting job with great professional challenges and the opportunity for you to influence your own progression. We emphasize an informal and good work environment where you will have an opportunity to gain influence and be part of making a difference.
Learn more about the company and the products you will be working with here.
We look forward to learn more about you!
Universal Robots develops robot arms which are advanced tools that can be used by all levels of production staff to help increase productivity, reduce injury and boost morale. A Universal Robots robot arm can help automate and streamline repetitive or potentially unsafe processes, so staff can be assigned to jobs that provide them with new challenges.
With the Universal Robots' collaborative robot, or cobot, companies are now able to apply flexible, easy-to-use, safe technology allowing them to scale and grow their businesses.
The company was founded in 2003, has distributors worldwide and is headquartered in Odense, Denmark. In the spring of 2015, Teradyne Inc., a leading supplier of automation equipment for test and industrial applications, acquired Universal Robots. The close collaboration between companies has allowed Universal Robots to leverage Teradyne's global coverage and capabilities.
Teradyne is a supplier of automation equipment for test and industrial applications.