The Xbox Game Studios IT Team looking for a passionate Service Engineer to help Xbox First Party Game Studios develop great games. You will perform a key role in delivering the core network infrastructure and foundational technologies to support our diverse portfolio of Game Studios located around the globe. As part of the XGS IT Team you will be developing and supporting network solutions that meet the unique requirements for AAA game development. Including local on-premise LANs/WiFi and WANs connecting Studios to their partners and Microsoft.
AAS or BAS degree (preferred) and with minimum of 5 years IT experience with a Networking focus in a medium or large size organization.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Problem solving and demonstrable troubleshooting skills
* Minimum of 2 years of designing, building, managing networks, and working with modern internet hardware and protocols used for routing and switching.
* Experience with core OS platforms and core infrastructure technologies; Storage, Server, AD, Data Protection
* Experience with configuration and administration of Azure (IaaS) or equivalent cloud based solutions
* Excellent learning skills with the ability to quickly pick up new technologies
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
* Fundamental knowledge / experience with Arista and Palo Alto products (Beneficial)
* Fundamental knowledge Game Development Technologies (i.e. Perforce, Incredibuild, etc.) (Beneficial)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
IT support of Xbox Game Studios globally with a focus on network technologies (LAN, WAN, WiFi, Routers, Firewalls). Supporting, operating and maintaining the core technologies required for AAA Game development and business management.
* Work with Studios and partner teams to scope technical requirements, design, build, and deploy network solutions
* Demonstrate complex troubleshooting skills, core knowledge of the services running on the infrastructure, and working with peers and partner teams to resolve issues.
* Accept, triage, troubleshoot and resolve Game Studio customer/partner technical issues
* Demonstrate strong communication skills ensuring that verbal and written responses are relevant, complete and easily understood
* Development and maintenance of relevant Knowledge and Process documentation
* Use sound judgment in the management, escalation and resolution of support cases
* Maintain high level of domain and technical skills in Game Development Technologies
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.