Azure Storage team (Blob Storage, ADLS Gen1/Gen2 and Cosmos) present interesting challenges in technologies such as cloud, storage and big data compute support. We build reliable, highly scalable and highly performing distributed systems for data analytics on Azure. We work with various cutting-edge technologies and make contributions to these technologies. We are creating a planetary scale storage system, which can scale to Exabyte of data (yes, that's 18+ digits!). We are building next generation globally distributed, elastic scale, fault tolerant cloud storage services. It is designed to enable developers to build planet-scale applications.
Skills and qualifications:
* Passion for customer excellence
* Prior experience working in 12*7 (or 24*7) operations
* Must effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks to deliver high-level objectives/projects
* Strong reporting and analytics experience
* Flexible shift coverage required, including evenings and weekends
* Good written and verbal communications skills
* Demonstrated ability to tailor communications to different audiences
* Excellent project/program management skills with great attention to detail
* Demonstrates technical excellence by applying engineering principles to solve complex problems
* Excellent crisis management skills, demonstrating resilience and maintaining a constructive attitude in times of change
* Great collaborator and team player, building trust and respect with people outside of the immediate team
* Technical skills to write and examine the Cosmos SCOPE jobs
* C# and PS skills to implement monitoring tools (Preferred with VcClient knowledge)
* BA/BS or 3+ years of relevant work experience
* 5+ years of experience in a Service Engineering role
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Provide excellent incident communications to stakeholders and external customers
* Effectively coordinate these incidents across multiple organizations within Microsoft
* Define and drive efforts to improve our incident coordination and communication capabilities
* Ability to multi-task on several incidents and/or projects at once
* Develop the tools to help monitoring the service's health and collect telemetry data
* Investigate problems and develops plans/recommendations for improvements
* Drive improvements in our communications processes and verbiage
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.