Microsoft's Global Datacenter Operations Team is looking for a Service Engineer with a passion for datacenter technology and growth. This engineer will help support the deployment of server capacity and expand our capability to deliver at greater speed.
Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Service Engineer, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our Cloud Operations Platform Services (COPS) team
Microsoft's Cloud Operations Platform Services (COPS) team supports Microsoft's global data center operations with datacenter deployments and maintenance of the physical Cloud services infrastructure. Our team is responsible for designing, building, and supporting tools and reports to perform day-to-day activities for deployment, break/fix, and hardware quality teams within the Microsoft Cloud Operations & Innovation organization.
* 2+ Years' experience operating in mission-critical, 24x7x365 production environments, specifically performing incident management activities leveraging ITIL methodologies.
* 3+ Years' experience working in a production datacenter environment
* Experience working with IT equipment (Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
* Experience working with IT infrastructure (DC Rack/Enclosures, IDF/MDF design, structured cabling etc.)
* Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by the flow of operations
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Technical College degree in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
* Applicable certifications: CompTIA, CCNA, Microsoft, Network Certifications
* Experience using IT diagnostic tools and programs
* Experience implementing and exercised proficiency with ITIL Problem and Incident Management practices.
* Thoroughness and a strong desire to learn the technical underpinnings that make the environment unique.
* Basic understanding with CE concepts (e.g. Electrical Distribution, Mechanical Cooling Systems, etc.)
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a successful Deployment Service Engineer, your performance objectives will consist of:
* Remote troubleshooting of complex issues with a multitude of proprietary tools.
* Identify underlying problems and capture the details to enable organizational improvements and rapid process refinements.
* Demonstrate a strong ability to work independently in a dynamic and high-pressure environment delivering results for ambiguous and changing business requirements.
* Possess strategic thinking skills with deep understanding of industry & technological capabilities to achieve business results.
* Serve as the escalation point for our global datacenter portfolio for all Deployment related activities.
* Identify and drive the mitigation of incidents as well as clearly articulating the underlying problems and their true scope of impact.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.