Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on cutting-edge cloud technologies? Do you want to be part of the team that creates showcase user experiences that create a lasting impression on the users? Do you have the engineering skills, attention to detail and quality, passion for designing, deploying, and managing systems and services that delight our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast-paced and highly-technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence? Do you take pride in building technologies and processes that measure and ensure the health of online services for large Enterprises?
If so, consider joining the Service Engineering team in the End User Engineering organization of Core Services Engineering and Operations.
To be successful in this role, you must have the technical breadth and depth in the services around Office365, particularly Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, SharePoint. The role will have a focus around engineering solutions that ensure service stability/optimization and supportable/scalable management. Bring your technical skills in corporate and cloud collaboration services, your passion for building scalable and reliable systems, and desire to influence how Enterprise-class services are delivered. Other focus areas also include service availability, problem and process management as well as creating automation to support service operations. Key skills and experience include engineering excellence, customer service, project management, enterprise problem solving, and collaborative communications.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent work experience)
* 5+ years in design, implementation, and enterprise-scale administration of O365 services.
* 5+ years' experience with enterprise IT service escalation/support management, especially around global communications/collaboration systems.
* Proven ability to design and support systems architectures incorporating cloud and on-prem services and components.
* Proficiency with PowerShell development
* Experience with cloud and/or hybrid infrastructures
* Experience creating automation for service operations
Preferred, not required:
* Experience in end-user support or advocacy
* Experience in Network services and engineering
* Working, understanding, operating in an Agile/Scrum team
* Experience working in a large, global Enterprise
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in one or more Office365 services, agile development practices, and experience in designing & improving processes and platforms. In addition, this individual would demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Configure Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business systems, video conferencing systems, according to technical specifications of the features and functionality required.
* Engineer, manage and deliver multiple, independent projects within proposed budget and timelines. This includes managing of vendors and ensures compliance to the Corporate Telecom standards and guidelines.
* Engineer tools and processes to measure and ensure service health
* Identify and drive service and product improvements that meet the needs of Enterprise customers
* Leverage data and telemetry to make decisions and driving feedback into systems design and implementation
* Partner with other teams to improve products and processes to drive delightful end-user experiences
* Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders, to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
* Monitor Live Site of the key business/service metrics in production to ensure a quick response in case issues occur (or preferably before the issues occur) and to ensure the service performs well on the agreed outcomes
* Provide technical subject-matter expertise in one or more areas of the Office365 services to optimize and improve the end-user experience
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.