Job Directory Service Desk Analyst

Service Desk Analyst
San Diego, CA

Companies like
are looking for tech talent like you.

On Hired, employers apply to you with up-front salaries.
Sign up to start matching for free.


Job Description


The role of the Service Desk Analyst is to answer phone calls, emails and voicemails from staff, physicians and the general public and to endeavor to resolve the customer need on first contact. When appropriate, to escalate to the appropriate group for timely service fulfillment. The nature of the inquiries includes requests for assistance with the organization's computers, telephones, applications and systems. The incumbent accurately identifies problems, troubleshoots and offers solutions and workarounds. He/she accurately communicates expectations regarding next steps and timelines for resolution. Coordinates with other IS areas to resolve problems, if necessary. The incumbent will possess the ability to accurately handle large volumes of calls, emails and voicemails by multitasking. He/she will be able to do so while maintaining a positive and professional voice and demeanor in a hectic, busy and sometimes stressful environment. Comprehension and retention of large and complex amounts of new information is required. Meeting minimum service level agreements is essential to the success of the incumbent and the team as a whole. Other duties may be assigned as required by business need. The incumbent will spend 90% of the time answering telephone calls, voicemail and emails. The remaining tasks will account for 10% of his/her time.


H.S. Diploma, GED or Equivalent

1 year of experience

Experience with 1 desktop operating systems, including Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 2 Microsoft Office, MS Project, Visio and Adobe

Ability to add, modify and remove printers using CUPS via samba, and socket protocol printing

Ability to troubleshoot Linux and Thin Client and Windows incidents in a timely manner

Knowledge of computer hardware, including Desktop PCs, Laptops, Monitors, Printers, Smart phones, Tablets (Apple and Droid)

Ability to add, modify and remove items from the desktop working environment/ICONs

Ability to make changes to system or individual accounts using tools provided including Puppet, SCCM or remote access as may be applicable


Associate's Degree

3 years of experience

Expert in solving problems with common software problems such as Microsoft operating systems (XP, Windows 7), Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 and healthcare related software such as an Electronic Medical Records (EMR)

1 year experience in a high volume Service Desk or Call Center environment answering calls about PC, application and telephony problems, preferably in a healthcare environment (EMR)

Experience supporting computers with the Linux operating system in an enterprise environment

Ability to manage Citrix access

Let your dream job find you.

Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.