Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're looking for a passionate and innovative Service Designer focused on a human-centered design approach that places equal value on the customer experience and the business process, aiming to create quality customer experiences, and seamless service delivery. Working with the Product Design, Product Management, Sales & Marketing and Engineering teams across a broad set of products and platforms - the Service Designer helps the company see an end-to-end, surface-to-core perspective, enabling understanding of services from a customer perspective.
Through collaborative methods that engage both our customers and service delivery teams, service design helps the gain true, end-to-end understanding of our services, enabling holistic and meaningful improvements. The Service Designer role is rooted in design thinking, and brings a creative, human-centered process to service improvement and designing new products and services.
* Ability and desire to work in all phases of the design process (thinking and making)
* A passion for creating new methods and practices for gathering and utilizing business and customer insights, and to have the ability to re-frame service challenges, articulate opportunities, define strategies, create concepts and lead the development of innovative new services from initial brief to delivery.
* Design and implement strategies to understand and articulate the opportunity space in the service ecosystem, looking at front-stage and back-stage interactions.
* Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
* Collaborate with Product Design, Sales & Marketing, Product Management and Engineering teams to identify, define and articulate important parts of the customer journey, aligned with the service blueprint.
* Articulate scenarios where customer experience can be improved through various channels and customer touch-points, inform and work with the teams to design and prototype best of breed user experiences.
* Collaboratively develop service blueprints that integrate user needs analysis (i. e. experience flows), multiple touch points and back-end service delivery systems, processes and capabilities
* Advanced ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, scenarios, interaction models and flows.
* Establish and promote guidelines for service design best practices and standards for digital services within the product design team.
* Eagerness to mentor and elevate other creative people into service design thinking.
* Consistently produces top-level work needing minimal direction from leadership team.
* Manages their own schedule prioritizing projects and can scope and plan activities and outputs within product teams.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
* 5+ years of professional experience in a design team, consultancy or equivalent position
* Expertise in core service design methods, tools and processes, design thinking and human-centered design.
* In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline - Systems Design, Business Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design.
* Proven designs and experience of launched services that have been implemented in the real world
* Creative and strategic thinking capability
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams from Design, Product, Sales & Marketing and agile software Development teams.
* Ability and willingness to push and/or adhere to design, system, business constraints.
* Experienced in designing in an Agile software development environment
* Passion for technology innovation, and dedicated to keeping up with the latest industry trends in digital service delivery
* Master's Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive science, Information Design, Industrial Design, Product Design or related field
* Experience working with Information Technology services
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
Up to 25%
Viasat provides broadband and communications products and services.