Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle, the world leader in Enterprise Cloud, is hiring the best and brightest technologists in the industry as we continue to add customer-centric, world-class, leading edge, secure, hyper-scale based solutions throughout all levels of the cloud stack. Oracle's cloud eco-system is the only complete business cloud platform on the planet, with market leading and business transforming solutions spanning SaaS, DaaS, PaaS and IaaS. Oracle's Cloud applications, such as Enterprise Resource Management, Customer Relationship Management, Human Capital Management, and Supply Chain Management are used by thousands of customers across the globe and are the broadest, most innovative in the industry, providing businesses with adaptive intelligence, standardized business processes and competitive advantage at low cost.
As part of market leading ERP Cloud, Oracle Projects Development team offers a broad suite of modules and capabilities designed to make effective and efficient project management application with reduced data entry and user effort, we enable companies to keep projects on schedule, while controlling costs and maintaining revenue margins and deliver customer success with streamlined processes, increased productivity, and improved business decisions.
The Oracle Projects Development team is looking for passionate, innovative, high caliber, team oriented super stars that seek being a major part of a transformative revolution in the development of modern business cloud based applications. We are seeking highly capable, best in the world developers, architects and technical leaders at the very top of the industry in terms of skills, capabilities and proven delivery; who seek out and implement imaginative and strategic, yet practical, solutions; people who calmly take measured and necessary risks while putting customers first.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Distill multiple varied data sources into test patterns, test case improvements, and test data requirements based on user stories and acceptance criteria, including fleet usage data, customer usage patterns, service requests, and customer feedback.
* Provide data-driven requirements for automated testing, emphasizing feature function, service excellence, monitoring, performance, resiliency, scalability, and reliability, specifying both positive and negative testing techniques.
* Define quality metrics to be utilized during development, testing and deployment to assess service quality.
* Drive and evolve the development roadmap for automated test suites for the ERP product family, including new features and growth of automation test coverage, based on the input above.
* Partner with the service development team to influence architectural direction, long-term investments, and culture change to support service monitoring, telemetry, and automated testing inside the service.
* Work with service development, release engineering, and automated test architects to define and evolve test case placement in the CI/CD flow.
* Continually evaluate existing test coverage and automation frameworks, identifying requirements for redesign, replacement, reusability, and improvement in efficiency and performance.
* Work with the automated test engineers to prioritize test defects based on business and technical risks.
* Participate in functional and technical feature design reviews, to drive service instrumentation requirements that enable automated testing.
Additional Responsibilities for more senior Service Assurance Engineers
* Include executive input, technology touch-point failures, SaaS strategic initiatives, and other escalated channels in the data sources used.\
* Work with service leadership to identify areas of potential duplication and collaboration, drive testing dependencies, and communicate testing plans and concerns.
* Work with service reliability architects and service owners to identify broad testing gaps with respect to operation parameters, e.g. template changes, instrumentation results, outages, feature throughput mandates, etc.
* Own the development roadmap for automated test suites for the ERP product family.
Skills and Qualifications
* 7 years of industry experience with enterprise applications, preferably spanning one or more of product management, development and test.
* Knowledge of testing methodologies, the testing pyramid (i.e., Unit, Integration, UI, E2E, etc.), and how they are applied in a CI/CD environment.
* Familiar with Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development.
* Experience with Agile software development practices.
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy, as well as participate in resolution of customer escalations and sensitive customer situations.
* Experience gathering and transforming business requirements, market needs, and fleet data, including scalability, reliability, performance, etc., into a successful product test strategy.
* Deep domain knowledge in one or more of financial services, project management, and/or higher education.
* Leadership, autonomy and business acumen in fast-paced environments - proven ability to :
* Make sound decisions.
* Deliver on commitments.
* Handle multiple competing priorities.
* Motivate and lead cross-functional teams.
* Ability to work creatively and analytically using data-driven decision-making to improve customer experience.
* Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with proven success in contributing in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
* Self-motivated and self-driven, continuously learning and capable of working independently.
* BS/MS (MS preferred) in Computer Science.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.