Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
As a Service Assurance Center Technician, you will be a key point of network surveillance by monitoring components, troubleshooting problems and resolving impairments. This role allows you to command and control our international broadband services IP network, satellite gateway earth stations, and RF network using advanced systems and tools. You will be an important part of ensuring the resolution of impacting events within established SLA's. While working with our engineering staff you will support the implementation and testing of new services. You will also play a significant role coordinating with engineering teams to implement maintenance activities such as configuration changes and new equipment installs.
* 3+ years of equivalent work experience
* High School diploma/GED
* U.S. Government Position. U.S. Citizenship Required.
* Experience with or knowledge of uplink/downlink gateway earth stations, RF systems (including Antenna systems), critical facility support infrastructure, monitor and control systems and associated hardware.
* Experience with RF test equipment such as spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, RF power meters, and signal generators.
* Knowledge of the operation of automatic transfer switches (ATS), UPS, generators, and HVAC systems
* CompTIA, Cisco or Juniper associate level certifications
* Experience in operating Wimax based broadband data network, cable modems and DLS networks or fiber optic networks and infrastructure
* Network Operations Center (NOC) experience
* Working knowledge in troubleshooting Juniper or Cisco routers and switches
* Solid knowledge of internet routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP and Internet TCP/IP Services (DNS and DHCP)
* Experience with troubleshooting VM and/or Cloud Compute architecture.
* Associates Degree or higher
* Able and willing to work a rotating schedule in a 24x7x365 environment.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required
Viasat provides broadband and communications products and services.