Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Enhancing communication all around the globe… Our customers range from Commercial to Government making us complex, yet flexible in meeting the world's communication needs. Each group at ViaSat contributes to the launch of every satellite, how exciting is that?
Join the Network Operations team to supervise the real-time operational activities of the Service Assurance Center (NOC). This is an opportunity for you to become a key contributor for an industry leader. ViaSat produces innovative satellite and wireless communication products that enable fast, secure, and efficient communications to North America. As the Service Assurance Center Supervisor, you will supervise staff and the day-to-day operational activities of the assigned shift, maintain a service-oriented environment focused on prediction, detection, and resolution of issues, make recommendations for hiring decisions, motivate and coach staff, facilitate employee skills development and resolve issues, and coordinate work schedules and assignments.
In this exciting role, you will ensure rapid fault isolation and support escalations, assume accountability for the operational effectiveness of the Service Assurance Center by helping administer business processes, maintaining interdepartmental working relationships, supporting the DevOps model and identifying opportunities for improvement. You will be familiar with and train staff on daily functions such as monitoring network equipment and systems, documenting network events, taking corrective action in response to alarms and traps, performing network and system configuration changes, providing assistance to Operations Support Technicians and Customer Care representatives, acting as the primary Service Assurance Center point-of-contact for vendors, service providers, partners, and internal support teams.
* 5+ years recent relevant experience providing customer support, performing network maintenance, monitoring and/or configuration.
* Prior supervisory/management experience preferably in a Network Operations Center (NOC) or similar technical support organization with demonstrated ability to lead, direct and develop a technical team in Network Operations Center activities and supervise effective operational business processes.
* Possess a working knowledge of satellite and RF communications; IP networks, and Linux and UNIX systems administration.
* Previous experience supporting a 7x24x365 operations environment.
* Ability to work any shift to include nights.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with ability to convey complex technical information concisely.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Associates Degree from a college or trade school in Computer Science, Engineering, I.T. Management, Certifications or equivalent relevant work experience.
* Hours 6PM-6AM
* U.S. Citizenship required.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience
* TCP/IP network monitoring and troubleshooting experience, Satellite Communications Operational experience, or Telecommunications Management experience.
* CompTIA, Cisco, Juniper, WiMax or equivalent professional certifications.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
AA/AS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required
Viasat provides broadband and communications products and services.