The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires of the 20th century. At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it's not just buildings and places that matter, it's what you do with them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find their story in this great organization.
System Admin installs, administers, and maintains operating system software and related software products. Plans and coordinates or executes all activities related to systems access, security, availability and capacity across multiple platforms.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Delivers solutions to customers including server consolidation, implementation, and application integration with emphasis on architectural services.
* Defines system requirements, identifies resources and estimates timelines for project completion. Able to direct and track resources and priorities across multiple projects.
* Designs, defines, implements, and supports standards for production and development operating systems and servers.
* Produces and maintains documentation of processes/procedures and standards for effective operating system and server administration.
* Provides administration and oversight of production, testing, and development operating systems and servers. This includes upgrades, patches, backup and recovery, and monitoring.
* Tunes operating system and server performance.
* Expert in reducing manual maintenance work in favor of automation.
* Contributes to the planning, testing, maintenance of the Information Technology department's disaster-recovery plan.
* Installs and maintains third-party application software.
* Specifies, performs, and manages user access controls.
* Takes part in a rotating 7x24 on-call support.
* Ability to communicate value project solutions that resonate with all levels of the organization.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* High level of technical field expertise with Microsoft Windows operating systems, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Enterprise Desktop platforms, and other security concepts. (Required)
* Strong knowledge of both hardware and software virtualization including Cisco UCS and VMware platforms.
* Expertise with system administration, implementation, monitoring, and recovery techniques for Microsoft technologies. (Required)
* Expertise understanding of WINS, DHCP, DNS, and network and firewall topologies related to the implementation and support of Microsoft, Cisco UCS, VMware technologies. (Required)
* Understands VB, or PowerShell scripting when used within login scripts, and can create small utilities scripts on an as needed basis. (Required)
* Understanding of database management concepts including SQL. (Preferred)
* Experience with enterprise backup and recovery software such as Networker, Tivoli Storage Manager, Commvault or Veritas NetBackup. (Required)
* Disaster Recovery planning and testing experience including bare-metal or hot-site restore. (Required)
* Solid organizational and prioritizing skills. Capable of working with limited supervision. (Required)
* Commitment to customer satisfaction and staunch customer focus. (Required)
* Experience with OKTA SAML integrations for on premise and cloud based applications (strongly desired).
* 10+ years' experience working in a Large-scale server and data center (i.e. experience with businesses similar in size and scope to Dollar General).
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology or equivalent. Degree is not required with extensive experience.
* Relevant certifications preferred.
About Howard Hughes
We own, manage and develop commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate throughout the country.