SERVER SPECIALIST II
The Server Specialist II is responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining hardware and operating systems on servers which support business processing requirements. The ideal candidate will have a very strong, hands-on technical background that is complemented by excellent writing and communication skills.
* Setup and configure new MS Windows servers as required in VMWare 5.1 clustered environment.
* Maintain reliable, secure and high performing systems in a multi-domain, multi-site Windows Active Directory environment that consists of IBM servers, EMC storage arrays, VMware vSphere 5.1, Windows 2003/2008/2012 servers.
* Maintain Backup software, Mcafee Desktop Security Suite, System Center.
* Maintain DNS, group policies, and network policy services.
* Proactively monitor event logs for changes and errors.
* Log all service requests, including detailed problem descriptions, updates and resolutions into our incident tracking system.
* Collaborate with team members to resolve problems.
* Research recommendations or solutions for upgrades, improvements and strategies to ensure a stable, available and protected technical infrastructure.
* Perform upgrades to operating systems and specific layered software packages.
* Devise or modify procedures to solve system problems, considering capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
Job Qualifications Knowledge
* Expert skills with Microsoft server operating systems (Windows 2003, 2008 R2, 2012)
* Expertise with Windows infrastructure technologies (AD, DNS, Clustering)
* Experience with Windows deployment tools (Microsoft Systems Center) • Experience working with monitoring tools, such as SCOM
* Familiarity with virtualization technologies (VMWare 5.x) • Ability to write technical and instructional documentation (system design documents and operational runbooks)
* Well organized and detail oriented with excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, and propensity to handle urgent interrupts with poise and professionalism
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, in order to discuss/document technical information.
* Ability to execute assignments within established timeframes and quality standards, while responding to immediate needs. Education and Experience • Bachelors degree in information systems, computer science or equivalent combination of formal education and work experience.
* 3-4 years of experience installing, supporting, and maintaining infrastructure solutions.