* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19031926
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
ETS is responsible for Citi's overall Information Technology strategy. The mission is to optimize Citi's IT environment by driving standardization of the production environment, reducing complexity, optimizing management of systems supporting global functions such as Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management and Finance, and introducing innovative technologies that provide new business capabilities, reduce the technology total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for the firm.
This position is part of Product Control Tech within Enterprise O&T's Global Corporate Technology team. It requires a strong server side developer with strong database skills, to design, build and maintain relational and dimensional databases supporting multiple business initiatives / work stream for Product Control.
* Strong hands-on Server side developmentusing Java and Python
* Experience with multithreaded development, modern approaches to concurrence
* Ability to implement Micro Services using Spring Boot and possesses good understanding of REST
* Interface with Business and technical teams on Requirements and functional analysis
* Provide technical leadership to junior developers and working closely with NY team to build and support business during NAM time zone
* Design, build and maintain complex platform used by Product control users which include P&L, PAA, Independent Price verification as well as Valuation Adjustment
* Undertake extraction, transformation and population of the data warehouse using latest technology
* Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery
* Work proactively & independently to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks
* Support the Quality Assurance team during Product Test phase
* Provide bug fixes and level-3 support to troubleshoot Production problems
* Application Database Performance tu
* 5+ Years of project experience as within developing distributed, service-based enterprise environment for financial institutions using Java with strong Oracle, SQL, PL-SQL skills
* Very strong core java 1.8 Concurrency, Streams
* Spring Batch
* Spring Boot / Micro Servicesand Web services
* Unix/Linux experiencewith shell scripting
* Well versed with Maven ,JIRA, Bitbucket, Teamcity, continuous integration
* Firm understanding of design patterns
* Experience with Build tool
* Ability to design, organize, and implement module, perform system testing, plan and automate tasks to maintain existing system
* Ability to research and trouble-shoot application problems
* Should have good background in Big Data solutions and noSQL databases
* Analytical approach to problem solving
* Nice to have - Exp working in any Reporting Tool/Dashboards
* Hands on Coding experience in Javawith Strong database skills
* Hands on Coding experience creating data models and have an understanding of relational databases.
* Develop, implement and maintain new cubes and process flows
* Understanding of indexing, partitioning and data design performance considerations for industry standard DBMS
* Familiarity with Big Data, in-memory databases, OLAP & other emerging technologies. Knowledge/experience with performance testing/tuning tools for enterprise applications.
* Hands on experience with Coding on SQL/PL-SQL and performance tuning. Experience with RDBMS - Oracle.
* Nice to have - Worked on some of reporting tools- MicroStrategy, QlikView.
* Nice to have - prior experience on big data technologies: Apache Hadoop, python, spark, Scala.
* Nice to have - Knowledge of pricing of fixed income instruments.
* Must have excellent communication skills & be able to communicate with senior management
* Should be self-motivated & an excellent team player
* Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
* Should be a Quick learner
* Should be Flexible & pragmatic
* Highly motivated team player, Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team to develop solutions
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.