Server Management Services
Location: Bellevue, WA
Duration: 6-7 months
* Experience should include sendmail/postfix administration, (MS Exchange knowledge a plus), AV (Sophos), Windows Server Admin-level (2012, 2016), Linux Admin-level (CentOS 6.x, 7.x), familiarity with PKI and certificate management, familiarity with proxy management, Git code repository, Jira ticketing system, server patching solution experience (Spacewalk/Ivanti), documentation, Change Management (ITIL),
Business Group & Key Projects:
This team's mission is to supplement existing Cloud Services teams in supporting various infrastructure services in our production environment.
All of the CS teams have a backlog of support cases, requests for new services and vulnerability remediation tasks that are not properly staffed to support. In addition the team is engaged in adopting and complying with SAP Security requirements after the acquisition in 2014. This team will be engaged with those production support teams and others. There may also be projects that require technical resources but vulnerability remediation is among our priorities.
Typical Day in the Role:
30: Actively supporting email server administration and AV support. Perform initial review of open service issues assigned to Cloud Services team.
60: Demonstrating proper judgement and risk assessment working on production systems
90: Measurable positive contribution on current workloads affecting the Cloud Services team.
If an opportunity is available and a candidate has demonstrated they would be a great addition to SAP client, some consideration may be given to converting or extending this worker.
This team will engage with numerous Cloud Services teams to understand their work processes and compliance requirements. We encourage collaboration, knowledge sharing and documentation in a corporate IT environment.
The task list is various but initially the team will be working tickets in Jira and ServiceNow, engaging with Subject Matter Experts to learn their work processes and partnering with outer Cloud Services teams to remediate vulnerabilities reported on their systems. They will be expected to participate in team calls, knowledge transfer, and documentation of existing work processes among other assigned tasks. We are also active in AWS with an expectation to move/support systems in this environment.
This role will report to Kevin and a Director who oversees many other teams and will provide support as needed.
Reviewing Sophos alerts, preparing and managing Windows patching using Ivanti, performing investigating/troubleshooting service issues reported in Jira and Service Now requests on systems running Windows and Linux operating systems as well as other tasks. They will attend a daily stand-up call to report progress on tasks assigned.
* this is a Tier II role so at least 3-5 years working experience as a Systems Engineer in both Windows and Linux Systems Administration is preferred.
* Will not consider a candidate that does not have experience in both Windows and Linux Systems Administration and some Mail Management experience (sendmail and postfix is key! ) Those are our Top 3 Skillsets we are looking for in this role.]
Flexibility, willingness to learn quickly and contribute, documentation, accountability
* 5 years working experience as a Systems Engineer in both Windows and Linux Systems Administration is required.
Top 3 must-have hard skills:
* Email Server Management (sendmail, postfix)
* Windows Server Administration
* Linux Server Administration
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.