What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The requisition is for a Server Customer Program Manager role in the Datacenter Engineering Organization. This individual will be responsible for end-to-end support for assigned North American Server OEM program(s), from initial development through End-of-Life. Responsibilities include defining and managing key product deliverables/schedules and driving cross functional activities to achieve both AMD and customer goals.
The applicant must be a team player with a commitment to meeting deadlines and an aptitude to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
* Primary support contact, in development and sustaining, for server customer program teams
* Understand the customer's business goals and requirements; Foster relationships and manage customer expectations to ensure needs are aligned with AMD business goals
* Be a strong advocate for the customer internally
* Align with AMD cross-functional teams (Business Unit, Sales, Engineering) on customer engagement, with emphasis on driving technical enablement/communications, technical support, and debug/issue resolution
* Maintain awareness of, and provide status reports on, customer program schedule, status and key issues
* Identify program risks and develop mitigation plans
* Manage customer critical issues and escalations
* Manage customer sampling requirements in development
* Drive for highest levels of customer satisfaction
* 8+ years of experience in the computing industry, at the OEM, ODM, or technology provider level
* 5+ years of experience managing and delivering programs
* Experiencing leading cross-functional and cross-regional teams to deliver program goals
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Results driven
* BS, or higher, in Engineering (Computer or Electrical) strongly preferred
* PMP certification a plus, but not required
Requisition Number: 73924
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Other Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics units, processors, and media solutions.