As a Gensler Server Administrator, it's your job to work with a team of systems administrators to deliver powerful, robust, fast and secure information systems service and solutions. A self-starter, you'll leverage your industry experience with Cisco, VMWare, Windows and other leading-edge technologies to support our designers and architects to bring excellence through the power of design.
What You Will Do
* Resolve complex IT issues in a Tier2 and Tier3 capacity
* Maintain 400+ virtual guest servers running on Dell, HP and Cisco UCS servers utilizing VMWare, Pure Storage and NetApp systems in multiple co-location facilities around the world
* Perform daily systems analysis against SAN, VMWare, Cisco UCS/Nexus and Microsoft environments, and provide summary reports
* Install, manage and maintain virtual servers running Windows and Linux operating systems
* Secure and audit server access and control
* Work in an ITIL compliant environment utilizing change control and change approval processes
* Assist in product evaluations/recommendations, network optimization, systems monitoring, new installations and security administration
* Interface with staff, industry partners and clients to define best practices in utilizing technologies to enhance workflow
* Leverage your strong analytical skills and technical creativity toward a vision of excellence, efficiency and resource stability
* Work with and manage outside consulting technical subject matter experts as needed
* Other administration tasks as required
* US Citizenship is required
* Bachelors' degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 5+ years' experience with building and maintaining Windows Server environments
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and gracefully balance conflicting time and resource demands
* A certification such as MCSE, VCP, CCNA is required
* Demonstrable knowledge of Powershell is required
* Demonstrable knowledge of advanced networking concepts as well as Microsoft DFS, Group Policy Objects and LDAP troubleshooting is required
* Demonstrable knowledge of VMWare vSphere 5.5 and above is required
* Demonstrable, extensive knowledge of MS Windows Server (2008 -> current) and Active Directory is required
* Functional knowledge of Linux server administration is preferred
* Proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken, is required
* Ability to clear a background check is required
* Ability to disconnect, lift and move data center equipment (up to 50lbs with a work partner) required as installation of up to 4U equipment is a job function
* Ability to maneuver within rack spaces and in tight spots to run cables and wires is a job function as new servers are moved/installed, cabled and powered
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.