Zocdoc is looking for a hands-on natural search engine optimization (SEO) Manager who exhibits a quantitative/analytical approach to SEO. The Manager is responsible for all aspects of increasing natural search traffic to zocdoc.com and will report into the Head of SEO.
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong SEO capability, including knowledge of sound practices, technology, and tools. The ideal candidate must have a firm grasp of areas like site architecture, meta tags, keyword optimization, link building, SEO copywriting, and internal linking strategies. The candidate must be able to work collaboratively with diverse teams throughout the firm. They must focus exclusively on white-hat SEO approaches, emphasizing the best execution and promotion of our high quality content and resources for human visitors, consistent with recommendations of major search engines.
The candidate will help develop and execute Zocdoc's evolving SEO strategy across the organic marketing spectrum, actively identifying integrated organic marketing opportunities and creating dynamic solutions as complex SEO issues arise. They will have experience with SEO, stay abreast of SEO industry trends, and will find ways for Zocdoc to respond and capitalize on these trends. They understands the technical nuts and bolts of SEO and will ensure that our site content is appropriate, optimized and organized. Most importantly, the candidate believes in creating quality user experiences first and foremost, and makes recommendations by balancing user experience, SEO, and business goals.
What You'll Do:
* Help set strategic direction for organic search growth, making decisions that affect critical aspects of the business.
* Monitor overall SEO program success with regards to ranking, indexed pages, backlinks and report to senior management
* Provides actionable recommendations that drive SEO goals and ensure strong presence
* Drives on-page & off-page optimization including technical optimization, high quality link building, and sitemap submissions, adhering to Zocdoc's and web standards
* Collaborates with product, content and creative teams to refine and execute SEO recommendations
* Recommends and implements information architecture improvements to aid in search engine visibility
* A proven performer with 5+ years experience implementing SEO practices for sites with very large footprints (over 1M pages) and substantial organic search traffic.
* Significant experience with web analytics and data analysis tools; Google Analytics experience a plus
* Stays on top of current SEO news and maintains a high level of awareness of emerging trends, new concepts and algorithm shifts
* Solid technical understanding of web technologies, including search/web/internet protocols
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent teamwork skills
* Ability to translate analytic insights into actionable recommendations that improve natural search efforts
* Understanding of basic HTML, CSS and code structure as it relates to SEO
* Experience with XML sitemaps, robots.txt, canonical tags, and redirect development
* Knowledge of SEO reporting tools such as Google Search Console, Conductor, Botify, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Majestic, LinkResearchTools, Moz, SpyFu, etc.
* Experience with information architecture and optimizing the user experience
* Attention to detail with a strong focus on analytics
* Both agency/consulting or in-house experience considered
* Bachelor's degree
ZocDoc operates an online platform for finding and booking medical appointments in neighborhood.