Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
We are looking for a driven SEO Manager to help us grow our diverse portfolio of websites. Our department manages 57 websites with 1M pieces of content driving 1.6B visits per year.
The ideal candidate should be a proven self-starter who has a strong understanding and passion for all aspects of SEO: best practices, research, marketing, and industry trends. This role will help inform content creation & product optimization across our websites. As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for taking initiative and contributing to the growth of our websites from our Santa Monica, CA office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an SEO Manager grows with us.
You'll Report To: Sr. Manager, SEO & Analytics
A typical day as a SEO Manager might include:
* Manage the SEO strategy for a subset of websites including a roadmap of initiatives to drive growth
* Identify new SEO growth opportunities via content gap analysis, keyword opportunities, competitive audits, site infrastructure / product improvements and ongoing analysis
* Work with editors to structure content for topical authority by focusing on targeted keywords and internal/external linking
* Work with data scientists and front-end engineers on SEO & UX "best practices" to guide product plans including site redesigns, product enhancements, and new features
* Partner with engineers, editorial and business partners to migrate content between domains with minimal complications
* Monitor, identify, and troubleshoot issues that negatively impact SEO performance such as search algorithm updates and perform a technical audit to recommend a course of action
* Identify upcoming trends and coordinate a strategy for how to best position our websites for the changing organic landscape
* Partner with the business intelligence team to develop dashboards to monitor traffic performance
* Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a quick moving work environment while maintaining a positive attitude and enthusiasm for driving results
What You Have:
* 2-3 years of SEO experience
* Previous experience at an agency is preferred
* Self-Starter - You know what to do, get your hands dirty, dive into the details, and get it done
* Analytical - You can navigate through data with ease, asking the right questions, and uncovering insights that will guide us to new opportunities. Must be experienced in manipulating large datasets in Excel.
* Tenacious - You drive projects to completion, despite hurdles, dependencies, uncertainties, or a lack of resources
* Compelling Influencer - You have great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal.
* Strategic Thinker - You thrive when developing long-term strategy in addition to delivering tactical execution.
Nice to Have:
* Interest in applying machine learning principles to SEO
* Experience with SQL
Google Analytics CertifiedWho We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
* Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
* Winner of Built In LA's 2018 Top Companies to Work for
* Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company's Most Innovative Company Award
* MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
* Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
* Cool office environment and culture
* Discounted gym memberships
* Paid-to-play vacation rewards
* Discretionary unlimited vacation time
* Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.
About Leaf Group
Leaf Group (formerly Demand Media) is a diversified internet company which owns and operates consumer media and marketplace businesses.