To help power our next wave of user acquisition, we're looking for an experienced and analytical SEO Lead to drive organic growth.
As the SEO Lead, you will be responsible for strategizing and executing technical and content-driven organic initiatives to acquire Asana users efficiently and at scale. You will lead the development, launch, and optimization of organic initiatives across five websites, six languages, and seven priority markets. You will partner closely with our entire Acquisition team, as well as the rest of our Marketing and Creative teams in San Francisco.
What you'll achieve
* Create a multi-year strategy for investing significant budget and resources to substantially increase organic traffic, signups, and conversions.
* Build a deep understanding of the strategic role of SEO among executive stakeholders, then clearly communicate the execution and impact of that strategy.
* Develop and grow a global SEO team, including both vendors and team members in the US, Europe, and Japan.
* Prioritize highest impact initiatives, balancing opportunities and investments by region and market, taking into account financial and implementation resources.
* Maintain relationships with Asana's SEO agencies and maximize the results we see from those partnerships.
* Bring deep technical understanding of SEO, and work together with vendors to identify top opportunities for technical SEO improvements. Work with in-house and agency web development teams to implement and measure the impact of these initiatives.
* Build a pipeline of content initiatives and experiments to increase organic visibility and conversion rates.
* 10+ years of SEO experience at a global, multi-language website
* Recognized as an industry leader (send us your latest blog post or conference appearance!)
* Proven ability to develop an in-house team and manage agency partners
* Deep expertise in the tactics of technical SEO such as server-side rendering, crawling, voice search, etc. across all major search engines
* Strong data-driven approach to problem solving
* Ability to communicate organic risks and opportunities to executive stakeholders
* Ability to deliver organic results without compromising the brand experience for users
* Working knowledge of BI and SEO tools. (We use Looker, Redshift, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Search Console, Stat, and SEMRush.)
* Nice to have: Experience working in SaaS, familiarity with a freemium or self-serve business model, experience with the German market
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 50,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people feel they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique-not only your educational background, but also your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, work experience-we value it, and we'd love to see what you can bring to the team.
Asana is a company developing online task management software solutions that allow teams to assign tasks and deadlines, and to track the progress of their projects.