Insider Inc. is looking for an SEO Fellow to join our growing Markets Insider team.
Markets Insider is Business Insider's financial-focused site that combines high-quality data with deeply reported stories. We aim to be the go-to place to discover what's happening with stocks, indexes, currencies commodities and everything in between.
We are looking for a data-driven, analytically-minded, web-loving person to join one of our fastest-growing teams. As an SEO Fellow, you will help our stories and data pages rank #1 in Google by ensuring that our articles are perfectly structured for organic search and analyzing traffic, competitors, and internal/external links.
You will be a part of deciding which headlines we use and stories we write, balancing search data with creating clickable titles. You should be fluent in Google Sheets, comfortable with large data sets, and have a strong interest in the markets. Prior familiarity with SEO, data science, product management, and search marketing is a bonus but not essential. SEMrush, Google Analytics, our CMS, and Sheets will be a few of the tools you'll use (or learn to use).
The desired fellowship duration would be 3-6 months.
* Use tools like SEMrush to help the editorial teams decide on headlines, URLs and story ideation
* Monitor our data page search rankings and suggest areas of improvement
* Analyze our competitor's titles and metadata
* Identify new ways to serve our readers by looking at search data for patterns
* Work in our product management system to ticket SEO improvements
* Mine our existing data for useful trends and insights
* Self-motivated and data-driven
* Desire to dive deep into our data and discover trends and opportunities
* Excellent with Google Sheets and comfortable with large data sets
* Knowledge of SEO
* Fluency in English
* Interest in media, and the financial markets
* Knowledge of the financial markets
* Experience working with product or developer teams
* Experience with data science (model building, data cleaning, feature engineering, etc.)
* An all-around good egg!
If you think this is the right role for you, let us know by applying online with a resume and cover letter!
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.