Central Garden & Pet Co
Are you enthusiastic? Are you creative? Are you motivated by using technology to drive business results? Do you want to join a dynamic and passionate team where you can make a visible difference? If you said yes, then we have the job for you! We are seeking a Search Engine Optimization/Digital Content Specialist to ensure the effective management and publishing of customized content within the native platform, website or marketplace. As a critical player, you'll be responsible for acting as a liaison between the brand team and sales team to ensure our brand, product and editorial content is optimal! You'll be the primary authority on digital content creation best practices, you will oversee execution and maintain publishing calendar(s). You should be well versed in organic keyword research and you should know how to apply principles to achieve organic growth drivers both within search engines and eCommerce websites.
A little about us, Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Our office is located just a block from the Pleasant Hill Bart Station and is near great restaurants and the Iron Horse Trail, with a short drive to downtown Walnut Creek. Corporate office employees enjoy a free fitness center, free parking, product discounts, discounted membership at Club Sport and an amazing educational assistance program in addition to great medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
* Partner with brand, digital and sales teams to create content across branded and retailer websites such as videos, photos, infographics, and articles
* Create technical style guides and enforce digital platform best practices
* Manage content creation calendars to ensure cohesiveness and differentiation between websites (branded and retailer)
* Update products in product and brand presences on .com and eComm sites
* Work with pure play and omni-channel teams to write salient bullets and product information, as well as create and manage digital assets
* Participate in photo and video shoots with internal and external sources
* Collect and manage data input into our PIM ensuring accurate publishing on the syndicated sites
* Partner with eComm content compliance team to ensure all required content standards are met on strategic properties
* Content analysis for competitors to identify white space opportunities and apply learnings
* Be main point of contact for independent retailers regarding digital assets
* Manage content platform (such as Contently or other) by monitoring content success by contributor, story type (infographic, article or video), story length and persona type
* Do deep dives into engagement using Google Analytics and optimize content accordingly
* Ensure content is targeting the correct keywords and answering consumer questions
* Monitor Amazon keyword rankings (using tools and AMS) and give insight into the highest converting keywords to apply to our product detail pages
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics or similar analytical field of study
* 3-5 years related experience
* Comfortable working with SEO/SEM tools such as AdWords, Moz, SEM Rush, etc.
* Strong writing skills
* Solid creative point of view with proven ability to inspire teams to deliver high-impact work on time, on budget and on brand
* Detail oriented and data driven
* Can work independently with minimal guidance
* Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills; self-starter; ability to project manage and prioritize work
* Experience working in a fast paced and demanding work environment and able to commit to and meet team deadlines
* Intellectual curiosity and thirst for innovation and success
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, experience in dealing with multiple and diverse internal stakeholders, and interacting with business and technology partners
* Very Hands-On and "Can Do" attitude
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
This position is based in a quiet, professional, corporate office environment. This position requires the frequent use of a computer; much work time is spent sitting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Central Garden & Pet Co
Central Garden & Pet Company produces and distributes products for the lawn and garden, and pet supplies markets.