The Motley Fool's mission is to "help the world be smarter, happier, and richer." For nearly 25 years that has meant providing impartial and informed investment recommendations with a healthy dose of personal finance guidance on the side.
Today, we are expanding that coverage to include other critical financial topics related to real estate investing. We have launched a new brand named Millionacres to achieve this. As Millionacres grows to meet the demands of our newest Members, we are excited to add an experienced SEO Content Strategist that will identify, plan and execute content and search engine strategies to meet and exceed our competitive SEO goals.
As our brand develops, you will be expected to grow with it and be a driving force in that change. In this role, you'll be curating our content and optimizing for organic search, on-site engagement, and partner distribution. Not only will you be expected to learn which topics are most relevant for real estate investors, but you will then use that knowledge to publish to the highest value opportunities for our business and constantly monitor performance to inform our overall strategy.
While The Motley Fool is a well-established brand, we are working creatively within our team to build this new brand into something equally as significant. Tools at your disposal include social media, a separate brand name and site, dedicated writers, and a team of developers you can coordinate with to design and optimize the on-page experience. Do you see the opportunity lying in front of us? Are you ready to get started?
What you'll be doing:
* Research and assign real estate investing content to our team of writers, optimizing for potential organic presence the whole time
* Review content to ensure all SEO best practices are met
* Engage and optimize in areas like site architecture, page load speed, and indexing, with an emphasis on AMP design
* Collaborate with various disciplines (content, social media, tech, business intelligence, etc.) to implement SEO strategies.
* Monitor daily performance of site rankings with a focus on defending and maintaining those rankings.
* Regularly review traffic and conversion data to gain insight into keyword and landing page performance.
* Assist with building and optimizing the internal linking strategy to maximize rankings.
* Conduct competitor analysis to identify gaps in our content coverage and areas of opportunity.
* Conceive and execute link building and outreach efforts.
* Perform keyword research and grow our targeted keyword portfolio.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of SEO in line with industry trends, creatively keeping us a step ahead of our competitors.
* You'll also be responsible for optimizing the business outcomes of SEO articles by analyzing performance data and ensuring articles align with SEO best practices.
* Passionate about SEO and proactive in staying up-to-date on all the latest trends and best practices.
* Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
* A self-starter who learns quickly and is comfortable with rapidly evolving expectations. Be prepared to frequently face new challenges and adapt accordingly.
* Relentless pursuit of self-improvement. We want candidates who continually desire to be better.
* Passionate about data-driven problem-solving.
* A nice-to-have is interest in personal finance and real estate investing.
* Candidate must "get" Foolishness, have a sense of humor, and work well in a collaborative environment.
* Position is full-time, in-house, in our Lakewood, CO office. We will not consider a "work from home" scenario. We want to see your shining face.
* Several years' experience in an agency or a similar SEO-related role.
* Experience with strategic content production is a plus.
* Experience with industry tools (e.g. SEMRush, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Deepcrawl, Moz, Ahrefs, BrightEdge, STAT, ScreamingFrog, Adobe Analytics, Searchmetrics).