The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York's Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams - the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG's NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production - the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes - and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England's preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Role SummaryThe Senior Workplace Engineer will use their experience and expertise to maintain best practice with regards to building and maintaining a secure, stable, and optimally-performing endpoint environment across all MSG properties Key responsibilities include developing the enterprise workplace technology standard, build development and maintenance, endpoint configuration and policy, developing automation approach and technology, and technical solution design and implementation. The Senior Workplace Engineer will be called upon to display initiative toward improvement and optimization - leading with an automation/cloud/mobile first mentality. The ideal candidate has 8+ years of experience developing desktop technologies (builds, automation, configuration, infrastructure, scripting, etc.), experience with network and Microsoft server technologies, excellent documentation, communication, and project management skills, and aspires to join a high performance team of technical enthusiasts providing quality customer service and effective technical solutions, in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment. This position requires a broad range of technical skills to effectively perform multifaceted assignments; demands familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices. This is truly a job for emerging evangelist whom prides themselves in delivering not best of breed technology but fully immersive workplace computing experience. Specific Functions/Activities Summary
* Architectural and Engineering responsibility for all Workplace solutions including patching and currency platforms, security software, technology standards, automation and scripting, technical deployments and virtual environments.
* Design and implement best of breed technology solutions for all associates and customers, focusing on both quality design and operationalization, and participate in the testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality.
* Develop the technology architecture and roadmap for the Workplace Technology strategy - ensure that MSG stays focused on developing mobile/cloud/automation first solutions that are resilient enough to withstand the unique and something diverse needs of the organization.
* Leads project teams as assigned - mentors more junior personnel and drives the completion of strategic initiatives.
* Responsible for leading, building, evaluating and training staff in desktop operations; leads a customer-focused team and defines desktop operational goals.
* Contributes to the MSG Knowledge base meaningful artifacts, configurations and operating materials.
* Designs, develops and maintains operating dashboards to ensure the measurement and validation of all technical decisions and performance metrics.
* Assist in driving efficient team operation by evaluating and recommending operational/support tools.
* Develops approach to address technical currency needs, capacity requirements and introduction of new technologies to ensure minimal interruption to the end user experience.
* Market thought leader whom stays current with the latest technology trends - can lead the application of emerging trends to the MSG environment and ensures that new opportunities are properly capitalized on.
* 5 + years' experience with and advanced knowledge of Windows and MacOS system administration and maintenance, including deep knowledge of the registry, file system, processes, services, and security.
* Advanced knowledge in the creation of standard management scripts/automation (VBS, PowerShell, WMI).
* Proven knowledge of endpoint operating systems and platforms, networking technologies, server technologies, and endpoint management.
* Strong ability to strategize for the future, design technical solutions, and define/generate reports.
* Be creative and innovative to design new or improve upon existing technical solutions.
* Strong documentation, organizational, and project management skills.
* Self-motivated and ambitiously proactive.
* Good presentational skills and the ability to interface directly with internal customers, senior-level and mid-level management as well as internal technical IT teams.
* Excellent work ethic; must be able and willing to be a productive, reliable, and collaborative team member.
* Preferred Additional Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent technical discipline is preferred.
EducationCandidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role. EEO StatementAt MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
About The Madison Square Garden Company
American sports and entertainment holding company.