Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Senior WLAN Engineer with hands-on Aruba experience
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
We are looking for a Resident Engineer to join our team.
The Aruba Resident Engineer role and responsibilities are primarily focused upon providing ongoing technical support and advisory services to HPE-Aruba customers for HPE- Aruba product and solutions.
* Providing Pre-service and Post-Deployment technical support
* Proactively analyzing and recommending ways to optimize and utilize on the customer's
* Aruba investment.
* Assessing and escalating technical issues in support of HPE-Aruba TAC and Product
* Engineering organizations
* Collaboration in the development of mobility solutions; building test beds; conducting
* verification & validation testing; developing performance benchmarks
* Actively seek to education and expand customer HPE-Aruba technical expertise through informal workshops, coaching sessions, design reviews, and documentation for customer use
* Aruba Resident Engineer Challenges:
* Ability to integrate as part and be accepted as part of the customer engineering and operations team
* Ability to quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to focus getting to root cause on customer issues with HPE-Aruba products
* Ability to continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the customer
* Team with the HPE-Aruba Sales Team and be engaged in their work with the customer
* Ability to operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving
* Maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring value to the customer
* ClearPass expertise
* Minimum of Seven (7) years practical Layer 2 and Layer 3 internetworking.
* Minimum of Three (3) years practical hands on Aruba WLAN and 802.11 experience and expertise.
* Four-year college or university degree or equivalent training and certification.
* Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless networks; which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security, authentication, certificates, remote access, network access controls, and IP network management.
* Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level).
* Experience working in customer technical support roles; assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolution.
* Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; mobile networking, and cloud networking.
* Methodical approach to trouble resolution.
* Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments.
* Good oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to be on-site at customer premises regularly.
* Experience in identification of potential opportunities to for additional HPE-Aruba business
* Comfortable with non-standard work schedule.
* Ability to attain Aruba certifications: ACCP, ACMP, ACCX.
* Experience in consulting network engineer role, preferred.
* Project management experience/skills/background, a plus.
* NetScout AirMagnetTM Survey PRO and Spectrum XT, or Ekahau.
* Protocol analysis- TCP/IP stack and PCAP.
* LINUX, XML, HTML, Powershell, Orchestrator.
* SFDC Services.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise operates as a technology company.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise