As a Senior Windows Systems Engineer, you will ensure the availability, integrity and security of Microsoft Windows Server and Infrastructure Services that support core enterprise functions, data platforms, and dedicated customer environments at Acxiom. You will achieve this through efficient management and automation of existing infrastructure, future-state planning and roadmap development, and the identification, evaluation, and integration of cutting edge technologies. You will apply strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills to work effectively within a highly skilled team as well as multi-functionally with other groups, partners and clients.
What you will do:
* Provide architectural and engineering support for Windows Servers all related Roles and Features.
* Provide architectural and engineering support for MSFT Infrastructure services including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Federation and Certificate Services across the enterprise.
* Develop, implement and maintain standardized configurations for Windows Server and Infrastructure Services, with specific focus on security, availability and performance.
* Design and implement process and automation for the provisioning and ongoing management of Microsoft infrastructure across physical datacenters, Acxiom Private Cloud (VMware), AWS and Azure.
* Define, implement and maintain hardening standard methodologies and security policy for Microsoft Server and Infrastructure Services.
* Research and remediate system vulnerabilities, reactively at the system level and actively through baseline configuration management.
* Work multi-functionally with the security organization, external auditors, and clients as a domain expert for security of Microsoft Server and Infrastructure Services.
* Build positive relationships multi-functionally within the IT organization and with key partners across all lines of business.
* Maintain technical relevancy by keeping up with trends, dedicatedly identifying business need, and embracing an always-on learning mindset.
* Use standardized tools and processes to monitor and maintain all Microsoft server and infrastructure services at Acxiom.
* Adhere to change management protocols and incident handling requirements at all times.
* Participate in BCDR planning and exercises.
* Participate in a ten person on-call rotation, providing third-tier engineering support for critical issues and major incidents.
Do you have?
* Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
* 7+ years of related experience
* Sr. Engineer level experience supporting Microsoft Windows Server and its associated Roles and Features
* Experience supporting Active Directory and DNS Services in complex or highly specialized environments
* Experience with design, implementation and support of Microsoft Servers and Infrastructure Services across mixed virtual platforms, including VMware, AWS and Azure
* Extensive experience in automating the provisioning, configuration, and ongoing management of Microsoft infrastructure.
* Extensive scripting experience, with specific focus on PowerShell.
* A deep understanding all layers of the OSI model, and the ability to collaborate with engineers and architects for each at a competent level (e.g. Hardware or Network).
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* The ability to deliver projects on time in a highly self-directed fashion.
* Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
What will set you apart:
* Experience leading Active Directory for mixed environments (e.g. Windows, Linux, Unix, Oracle, Hadoop).
* Demonstrable record of efficiency gains through scripting and automation.
* Azure-specific IaaS, PaaS and SaaS design and support experience.
* Experience with VMware ESXi, VRA/vRO and NSX
* Experience crafting Microsoft solutions in AWS
* Experience with Infoblox and/or other DDI platforms.
* Experience with Quest products such as RMAD and DRA
* Experience with Windows Failover Cluster and Always-On Availability Groups
* Experience with identity federation and SAML
* Experience crafting and supporting large-scale Remote Desktop Services infrastructure
* Experience designing and supporting Citrix Virtual Apps (or XenApp) environments.
* Fundamental working knowledge of the Linux and AIX operating systems.
* Experience with the integration of open source monitoring, automation and configuration management tools such as Chef, Zenoss, and ELK into a Windows environment
* Experience with DevOp and Agile methodologies, including tools such as Jira and Confluence.
* Experience with ServiceNow for change, incident and configuration management.
* Experience with audit and compliance frameworks such as FISMA, NIST, PCI and SOC 2 Type 2.
* Valid certifications including (but not limited to): Current MCSE, Azure, AWS or VMware Certification, CISSP, ITILv3
Primary Location City/State:
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status.