Req ID: 48749
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Under general direction, designs complex hardware and software solutions for production and development. Coordinates with and drives projects with datacenter, development and production staff. Manages outage and emergency situations with datacenter, development and production staff. Advises architecture, product development and production environments on technical hardware and software issues. Responsible for defining, designing and implementing new and updated hardware and software solutions for development and/or production. Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of systems. Is primary contact for key applications and expert knowledge resource for production and development environments. Prepares funding documents and recommends cost savings on an ongoing basis. Hands off system administration tasks to systems administration teams.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* 3plus years with Windows System Administrator, responsible for supporting a production environment of Windows 2008 - 2016 servers across multiple data centers.
* Responsible for participating in an on call rotation to support critical systems during non-peak times.
* Advises architecture, product development and production environments on technical hardware and software issues.
* Advanced understanding of data center and computer operations.
* Strong Virtualization skills utilizing VMware and migrating servers from a Physical to Virtual environments
* Experience with Clustering, SAN Storage, TCP/IP Routing and Shell scripting.
* Responsible for defining, designing and implementing new and updated hardware and software solutions for development and/or production.
* Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of systems.
NICE TO HAVE:
* Experience with AV, Symantec and McAfee.
* Experience with Disaster Recovery, Backup and Recovery, Replication.
* SCCM experience.
* Cisco Routing and Switching.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Documentation: Enters, transcribes, records, stores or maintains information in written or electronic form.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Job Segment: System Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Computer Science, Cisco, Virtualization, Technology, Administrative
Apply now "
Sabre is a technology company that provides global travel and tourism industry solutions.