We are seeking motivated, career and customer-oriented System Engineers in the Washington, DC area to provide unparalleled support and begin an exciting and rewarding career.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Initial responsibilities will emphasize implementing a repartitioning/separation of duties on customer systems. Activities include redistributing functions/privileges among privileged user roles to minimize potential security risks and conflicts of interest and maintain system authority to operate (ATO) and compliance with customer security requirements.
* Provide technical engineering and technical leadership in the architecture, deployment, and sustainment of a large complex physical and virtual server architecture and various enterprise applications supported on the server infrastructure.
* Plan, design, and maintain the Active Directory infrastructure, including Trusts, Group Policies, Replication, Global Catalog, and DFS.
* Manage, maintain, and document Active Directory integrations using LDAP, Global Catalog, and Kerberos, and maintain an upgrade path of all infrastructure services related to and contained in the Active Directory infrastructure.
* Plan, develop, test and deploy migration of all Windows services and applications (DNS, DFS, DHCP, FTP, IIS, Exchange, Active Directory), applying ITSM and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) delivery concepts to ensure sound engineering practices are followed and industry standards are met.
* Perform sustainment activities to include ensuring service-level and availability of Active Directory infrastructure, patching Windows servers using System Center Configuration Management (SCCM), managing NetBackup and providing daily backup of all servers (Windows and Linux) using standard and V-Ray backups tools, designing and implementing operational system enhancements for disaster recovery as well as configuring and maintaining Domain File System Replication (DFSR) for main file servers to provide fault tolerance and redundancy for data.
* Limited travel in the National Capital Region (NCR) area (e.g., DC, Reston, Springfield).
* Department of Defense (DoD) 8570 Compliant, IAT Level II minimum.
* Demonstrated direct experience with a variety of server and enterprise application architectures within an environment to include experience with Windows Server 2012/2016, Active Directory, IIS, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, DFS, and experience implementing file, email, and active directory services across multiple geographically dispersed data centers.
* Demonstrated Active Directory (AD) subject matter expertise to include Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), AD best practices, establishing an AD roadmap, and strong knowledge of AD zone types as well as multi forest design and communications.
* Comprehensive background in managing Windows server and workstation-based operating systems (including Windows 10, Server 2012/2016) via Active Directory Group Policy.
* Experience standing up domains to include PowerShell, direct hands-on experience in IAM Identity and Access Management (IAM) / Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), and a working knowledge of system hardening (STIGs, SRGs, regulatory compliance)
* MCSE certification, Microsoft Certified Professional, MS Server 2012 or newer.
* Support systems deployment, configuration management and application installations within AWS services including but not limited to: VPC, ELB, EC2, S3
* Azure experience
Degree from accredited institute in an area applicable to the position / Minimum years of relevant experience in
addition to education level
High School Diploma / GED 12
Associates Degree / 10
Bachelor's Degree / 8
Master's Degree / 6
PhD / 4
Current TS/SCI eligibility in JPAS Must be able to successfully complete a CI polygraph
Are you a returning applicant? Previous Applicants: Email: Password:
If you do not remember your password click here.