At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
In this role, you will act as a senior member of the Client Platform Engineering team that manages the global Windows endpoints fleet at Uber. You will work as an SME on many key projects and initiatives partnering closely across product engineering and tech services. You will be responsible for tens of thousands of connected windows devices currently active such as employee computers, kiosk deployments, tablets etc. Your knowledge of the Windows Ecosystem along with tools such as AD, MDM, Powershell, SCCM, imaging, Chef, Chocolatey will help you architect and design scalable solutions.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Manage, administrate and help scale our global fleet of connected windows devices
* Write tools/cookbooks to automate application distribution and management using chef, chocolatey, powershell etc. "Infrastructure as code" practices and mindset to allow scalability.
* Help modernize our windows platform from traditional Microsoft tooling (SCCM) to AutoPilot/Beyond Corp, MDM, and Azure-AD.
* Partner with multiple Windows manufacturers (Dell, HP, etc)
* Work with existing Client Platform Engineers to standardize tooling and best practices for all endpoints (desktop/mobile/iot)
What You'll Need
* 5+ years of experience working with mobility and endpoint management software (AD, SCCM, MDM, Chocolatey, Airwatch, Chef, Powershell, and others)
* Desire to implement a DevOps-like management framework through a mix of closed and open source tools.
* Expert level knowledge and experience with administering, deploying, and troubleshooting Windows hardware (Laptop, Desktops, Tablets)
* Experience with network connectivity (wireless, LAN/WAN routing)
* Proficient with one or more scripting languages (Powershell, Python, Ruby)
* Knowledge of Networking technologies and security platforms is highly desired.
* Customer focused with good communications and interpersonal skills.
About The Team
Client Platform Engineering (CPE) is a core part of our infrastructure. CPE expands beyond a single platform and empowers devices to be deployed, from employee computers and mobile devices all the way to devices in our product organization deployed to our revenue facing business like Uber Eats and Uber Freight. This team is a diverse and dynamic group who are passionate about solving large scale problems with a mixture of 3rd party software and platforms combined with in-house built solutions.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.