Senior Windows Desktop Developer
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
This role will leverage the candidate's exceptional programming skills to develop highly innovative, light weight, professional tools for desktop users. This senior Windows engineer will play a leadership role in developing tools that enable professional users to seamlessly integrate GoPro content into their various media projects and pipelines. You will participate in the architectural design and provide implementation leadership to ensure the success of high quality and high performance tools. You will also make disciplined use of git source control and bug tracking systems along with participation in software code reviews to ensure the team's success of high quality solutions. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Windows UWP, Win32, C, C++ and C# and possess exceptional communication skills.
What You Will Do
* Contribute exceptional skills to develop highly innovative professional desktop products
* Make disciplined use of git source control and bug tracking systems
* Unit-test developed code for usability, general reliability and elegance
* Participate in software code reviews to ensure the creation of high performance, compact code
* Lead the code development from requirements throughout the deployment
* Collaborate with Engineers, UX and Product Design to define, design and ship new features
Skills We're Stoked About
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics
* Strong CS fundamentals
* 5+ years of commercial experience in developing applications for Windows
* Expertise Windows UWP, Win32, C, C++ and C#
* Strong knowledge of DirectX and GPU Compute programming concepts
* Proven successful track record showing an aptitude for engineering and product sense
* Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
* Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and methodologies
* Possess the passion to design, build and polish innovative desktop applications
* Exciting, high quality office environment in North County San Diego area
* Live it. Eat it. Love it. - Dedicated hours to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro.
* Discounted employee stock purchase plan
* Competitive salary with 401(K) matching and employee stock purchase plan
* Discretionary time off
* High quality medical, dental, and vision insurance along with life and disability insurance
* Fully stocked kitchens with snacks galore
GoPro is an equal opportunity employer.
GoPro is a technology company manufacturing mountable and wearable action cameras and developing its own video-editing software.