The Technical Lead - Application Developer provides technical leadership, design, development, and support duties for full stack application development. They have a deep understanding of application development technologies and processes and can make informed decisions about how technology is implemented and managed. This position provides experienced technologists an opportunity to leverage their deep and diverse design and development skills by working with and informally leading other team members to build custom web and mobile applications.
What you will do:
* Design and implement web and mobile applications for our cloud-based platform.This includes full stack development from UX/UI design thru development of application front ends and supporting APIs.
* Lead, informally, application functional areas and other application developers, ensuring creation of stable, robust and scalable applications.This includes informally leading / mentoring junior resources, and informally leading the work of contractors and service providers.
* Follow and contribute to improvement initiatives of our Agile SCRUM / SAFe methodologies and corporate quality systems.
* Provide input into the release planning process of the Connected Care team.
* Contribute to DevOps support and process activities for the platform including supporting CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery) processes and automation, production support and monitoring, and system optimizations.
* Mentor junior team members on technical concepts and collaborate on their development plans.
* Promote an environment of collaborative learning and collective ownership of responsibilities.
* Lead, facilitate and encourage code reviews and peer programming - look for areas of opportunity for team members and identify ways to help them improve.
* Continuously evaluate and drive measurable improvements to processes, applications, tools, and related technologies.
What you Need:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or related field.
* 5+ years of experience with software and application development including Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) and use of design patterns, preferably in web, mobile, and MS .NET ecosystems.
* 2-3 years of experience with developing and implementing cloud-based solutions in MS Azure with high security, reliability, and availability.
* 2-3 years of experience with UX/UI design with input from application stakeholders, end users, graphics designers, and corporate marketing and branding and creating mock-ups.
* Experience with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD.
* Extensive experience building dynamic single-page web applications (SPA) with web frameworks such as Angular or ReactJS.
* Experience building cross-platform apps (mobile, web, desktop).
* Experience designing and building RESTful APIs and working with data access technologies and patterns.
* Preferably experience with WebSockets / SignalR.
* Experience with authorization technologies and services (e.g. SSO, OAuth)
* Experience with the SQL language and relational databases such as SQL Server or Oracle is preferred.
* Experience with the document and NoSQL databases such as Cosmos DB, DynamoDB, or MongoDB is preferred.
* Experience with Microservices architecture, containers, and serverless functions (Logic Apps, Azure Functions) is preferred.
* Knowledge of software development practices such as SDLC, Agile/SCRUM, DevOps, source control, unit testing, and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) are required.
* Experience with development tools such as Visual Studio, VS Code, Eclipse, Team Foundation Server / VSTS / Azure DevOps is required.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.