Everyone knows Starbucks is a leader in coffee, but did you know we're also cited as an industry leader in embracing innovative technology? Our product design and development teams are working to revolutionize the way that our customers interact with Starbucks both inside and outside of our stores.
At its core, our mission is to build, innovate and support the customer-facing applications that drive business at Starbucks. Our opportunity is unique; we embrace modern technology and designs to move the business forward, with a focus on customer experience. Our work is highly visible and impactful - we're looking for a motivated senior engineer to help us move the needle.
Our engineers are motivated and have a proven track record of delivering high quality experiences, at speed. Above all, we value self-starters who are ale to work through challenging problems, through patterns and process. We pride ourselves on being data and results drive - if you can't measure it, you can't manage it. We succeed and fail as a team; communication and teamwork are a part of our life blood.
What you'll be doing...
* Working with a talented cross-functional team to develop new web applications and features that redefine how our customers interact with Starbucks on the web
* Building high-performing, accessible, customer-facing products used by millions across the globe
* Defining technical standards and helping to mentor, coach, and teach other developers on the team
Skills you should have…
* Technical leadership experience - mentoring, coaching, and helping those around you succeed
* Deep understanding of application & web architecture and development
* Experience supporting Node applications in a production environment, preferably at scale
* A solid grasp of web standards
* Knowledge of CSS and CSS pre-processors, and HTML
* Familiarity with accessibility requirements, and experience building accessible user interfaces
* Expertise in engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle including test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery, code reviews and paired programming, etc...
* Excellent problem-solving, debugging, & performance tuning skills
* A thorough understanding of the whole web stack: HTTP, cookies, caching & optimization techniques, etc.
Other skills we'd like you to have…
* Experience with agile or lean methodologies
* The ability to keep work fun while still getting things done
* Passion about current technology and new trends
* Exposure to or interest in a variety of technologies
Summary of experience…
* Analyzing, diagnosing and proposing solutions to technical problems: 8 years
* Web application development: 8 years
* Providing technical oversight and guidance for web development projects: 4 years
* Mentoring, coaching and leading other technical team members: 4 years
What are some of the great things about working at Starbucks?
* The opportunity to be something more than an employee (#tobeapartner)
* Commitment to the belief that we can balance profitability & social conscience
* Great benefits including 401k, stock investment, commuter programs, discounts, our new Starbucks College Achievement Plan, and other perks.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.