About Social Driver:
Social Driver is headquartered in Washington, DC with teams in Bellingham, WA, Chicago, IL, and Kansas City, MO. Our company mantra captures our mission, culture and values: "we believe the future is bright, all progress is social, and the drivers make history." We aim to provide our clients with digital solutions that help them meet their goals and, through that work, make an impact for a brighter future. Our vision is to be the trusted digital agency partner with all of the strategies and creative to connect with people today.
Our web developers work alongside industry-leading project managers, user experience (UX) specialists, visual designers, and other digital experts to create and build out visually engaging websites and digital experiences for the world's leading organizations, including companies and nonprofit. Our web developers highly-valued members of the Social Driver team and they are critical to achieving our clients' missions.
In this role, you will serve as a lead developer on important projects. You will also be a peer-leader and mentor to other members of Social Driver's web development team - as well as collaborate directly with clients on architecture, deployments, updates, and security best practices. This position can be based in our downtown Washington, DC, Bellingham, WA, or Kansas City, MO offices.
Senior Web Developer - Role Description:
The Senior Web Developer is a hands-on role that requires expert-level knowledge of front-end website technologies. This role also requires a passion for collaborating and mentoring other members of the web developer team, fostering a culture of collaboration, coordinating with other teams at Social Driver, and leading client-facing conversations including CMS trainings and support calls.
If you have strong front-end developer experience, a passion for building smart websites, and you're a team player, then this is an amazing opportunity for you.
Specifically, you will:
* Serve as the Lead Developer on important website projects including websites (organizational home pages), microsites, interactive maps, dashboards, and other interactive experiences.
* Integrate with APIs, technologies and tools to launch new projects including GitHub, Algolia, EveryAction, Salesforce, MailChimp, Google Analytics, and Google Webmaster Tools.
* Ensure the highest level of quality by implementing design comps while providing technical input and best-practices on designs.
* Find creative solutions to client requirements that can be accomplished within the budget and timeline.
* Coordinate and work with other departments including website designers and developers, project managers, account managers, and marketing specialists.
* Importantly, embody our core values and culture in every project by collaborating and supporting other developers, providing guidance to other teams and directly to clients, and helping make Social Driver a world-class team and workplace.
* You are a natural technical thinker, teacher, and mentor.
* You enjoy working with others in our collaborative environment that balances team-wide communication (daily standups, Slack discussions, support conversations on Asana), occasional pair programming sessions, and uninterrupted time for independent work.
* You have a passion for creating beautiful and intuitive websites and data visualizations.
* You believe in sustainability and scalability so you support the idea of clear documentation and support processes.
* You are a team player and enjoy working with the design, strategy, SEO, and development teams to deliver your clients the best solutions.
* You are a good writer and communicator.
* You are a master multitasker. You are able to work on multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines.
* Bachelor's Degree required
* 7+ years of website/front-end development experience required
* Agency and/or consulting experience required
* Strong written communications and client support skills
* Advanced knowledge of WordPress and Drupal
* Advanced knowledge of REST APIs and web integrations
* Moderate knowledge of SEO
* Experience with GitHub, Google Analytics, and other development tools
* Experience working with nonprofits and/or association clients is a plus
* Washington, DC
* Kansas City, MO
* Bellingham, WA